GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Love The DCT
11,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The corona virus 1point3acres website has data for the US and Canada. Data for the US is also broken down state by state and by county for each state. Data from this website is incorporated into the John Hopkins University CSSE dashboard display you see on the news networks.This data is updated on the average of every 5 to 15 minutes.

Along with your individual state's dept. of health website, it provides alot of information. Here is a clickable non following link to the website. Please do not plagiarize this website's data by copying the data and posting it to other websites or social media.The website specifically says "No redistribution of our data." They worked very hard to put this website together and keep it current.

·
Registered
648 Posts
At this rate we will pass China in cases by next week. I feel like the next 2-3 weeks in USA will really ramp up. Too many people still not heading warnings and not enough mandatory closures.
I don't trust the numbers China has provided since it seems they tried to keep this quiet for months.

One person I saw described how we are on the edge of the cliff and how we respond will keep us from falling off the edge or run us off. From what I am seeing out here in Central Oregon people are taking it very seriously. The community is really stepping it up to help those who are suffering most. Oregon is one of the states with the mandatory stay at home unless absolutely necessary orders.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Guys. What I had hoped with this forum would be a gathering of info, possibly what state is doing what & when. But if it turns into a forum of "well what I think," all the usefully info will get buried.
For those who are keeping track from Florida this page is updated in close to real time and there is a last updated timer in the webpage (20 minutes before I clicked on the link):

Florida Emergency Operations Center is at full activation and every county is either at full or partial activation 24/7 and this is discussed at every EOC call in (I listen in to these every M-W-F) so I can see how quickly the data is gathered.

·
Love The DCT
11,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At this rate we will pass China in cases by next week. I feel like the next 2-3 weeks in USA will really ramp up. Too many people still not heading warnings and not enough mandatory closures.
The U.S. passed both China and Italy today.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I don't watch the news so I may be wrong but... My GF was in China for the Lunar New Year and returned with no symptoms. Shortly, due to her developing a fever, we were both diagnosed with COV and quarantined, with a health professional phoning us daily. It was similar to the flu that she gets every year or 2. Actually not as bad. After 3 weeks she was diagnosed negative and me about a week later. That was March 1.

By the beginning of March the shutdowns and restrictions started and I wondered why. Not much chance or recurrence, good survival rate and, those who succumb have preceding respiratory or other conditions.

But now, the streets are being closed, schools are closed, companies shut and many, many people have lost their jobs. Govt support? The govt does not generate any money so are saying: you and me, if we have money, will give it to people the govt stopped from working. Huh?

So, I don't watch much news but are we not abandoning our freedom and likely facing total economic meltdown for a few who might suffer? What about next virus?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I don't watch the news so I may be wrong but... My GF was in China for the Lunar New Year and returned with no symptoms. Shortly, due to her developing a fever, we were both diagnosed with COV and quarantined, with a health professional phoning us daily. It was similar to the flu that she gets every year or 2. Actually not as bad. After 3 weeks she was diagnosed negative and me about a week later. That was March 1.

By the beginning of March the shutdowns and restrictions started and I wondered why. Not much chance or recurrence, good survival rate and, those who succumb have preceding respiratory or other conditions.

But now, the streets are being closed, schools are closed, companies shut and many, many people have lost their jobs. Govt support? The govt does not generate any money so are saying: you and me, if we have money, will give it to people the govt stopped from working. Huh?

So, I don't watch much news but are we not abandoning our freedom and likely facing total economic meltdown for a few who might suffer? What about next virus?
Be thankful we don't same things for the flu. We would all be in perpetual lockdown.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

Jeez...I wish there was a dislike button! So, if you have an underlying illness you're expendable!?

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Guys. What I had hoped with this forum would be a gathering of info, possibly what state is doing what & when. But if it turns into a forum of "well what I think," all the usefully info will get buried.
Post #1 may have been a good opportunity to have mentioned this... ;)

Let's just make this 1000% easier for everyone:

There's a drop-down on the right side to pick your state...or a state you might be interested in visiting. Additionally, many news organizations - on their main landing page also have links to similar sorts of resources.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Here is the latest Minnesota "Stay at Home" Order that goes into effect Friday March 27 @ 11:59PM - Friday April 10 @ 5PM
Order # 20-20 from Governor Tim Walz...

FYI....this order does allow for continued motorcycle riding as an exemption "Driving for pleasure"

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
I wonder how many people still think the virus info

I'm glad you mentioned that you don't watch the news because if you had been watching the news you would be better informed and probably wouldn't have posted your comment. A physician in the news stated Covid 19 is 10 times more contagious than the flu. Your chance for reoccurrance probably is very slim but the chance of you spreading the virus when you were infected is extreme.

How would you feel if you or your girlfriend exposed the virus to your parents or grandparents and they died? Would you still be worrying about your freedoms? Have you ever wondered if you or your girlfriend have spread your virus to someone who has been injured by it? Unfortunately we don't live in a bubble and what we do has consequences for other people as well as ourselves.

I have two elderly parents, one in assisted living and the other living home alone. I have refrained from exposing myself to 99% of public exposure because I don't want to put them at risk because they need my help in person on occasions. I really don't want my mom being exposed to multitudes of others when she has to go to the store to get food. She is over all in good health and independent but if she caught this virus there is a very good chance she would die.

Look at the hot spots in the US. NY politicians told their citizens not to worry about the virus and go to the Chinese new year celebrations and go to theaters a week before the shutdowns began. New Orleans ignored social distancing and celebrated Mardi Gras and now the cases are skyrocketing there.

This is a situation in which protecting your family and neighbors is just as important as protecting yourself.

·
Registered
55 Posts
New York is the hardest hit state, but it is mostly concentrated in the NYC area. Our governor basically berated many folks for ignoring social distancing recommendations in NYC. I live in the Rochester area, we have about 150 cases (I am sure in reality it is 10 times that) and three fatalities. Some counties have no cases. Rochester is about 300 miles/ 6 hour drive from NYC. Many people outside our area are often surprised by that.

·
Love The DCT
11,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New York is the hardest hit state, but it is mostly concentrated in the NYC area. Our governor basically berated many folks for ignoring social distancing recommendations in NYC. I live in the Rochester area, we have about 150 cases (I am sure in reality it is 10 times that) and three fatalities. Some counties have no cases. Rochester is about 300 miles/ 6 hour drive from NYC. Many people outside our area are often surprised by that.
Stats for Monroe county, 4 PM today, 166 confirmed cases, four fatalities.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts