GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for the excellent info that I've read pertaining to what I consider to be the finest sports touring bike out there. Since I'm not exactly a great wrench by any stretch, the information I've gotten here and from Fred's videos has given me the confidence to tackle projects on my bike that I would never envisioned. Like Alan Shepard said, "Dear Lord, don't let me screw up now", sorry, had to clean that up a bit.

When I bought my 02 about three years ago from a dealer, it needed quite a bit of work. One of the problems was a few cracks in the area of what I would call the dash. The area between the bottom of my windshield and the instrument cluster. Last year, I went to my local Honda dealer to see and price the part. They told me I needed the Visor "B" meter panel. I ordered and unfortunately, the "experts' were wrong. Doing a little further research, it looks like I'll need Visor "A". Am I correct? I figured I'll change this out while I'm changing the front and rear brakes, fork fluid, clutch and coolant right now.

BTW, I usually use BikeBandit for my OEM parts, but I discovered when I checked on their prices today that the Visor "A" increased in price from $177 to $238 since Monday. Any recommendations for OEM parts?

Thanks

Lou

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Laen,

I use Directline whenever possible. Unless I'm missing something, I can't find Visor "A" under their OEM parts directory. That's why I asked.

Thanks

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for the excellent info that I've read pertaining to what I consider to be the finest sports touring bike out there. Since I'm not exactly a great wrench by any stretch, the information I've gotten here and from Fred's videos has given me the confidence to tackle projects on my bike that I would never envisioned. Like Alan Shepard said, "Dear Lord, don't let me screw up now", sorry, had to clean that up a bit.

When I bought my 02 about three years ago from a dealer, it needed quite a bit of work. One of the problems was a few cracks in the area of what I would call the dash. The area between the bottom of my windshield and the instrument cluster. Last year, I went to my local Honda dealer to see and price the part. They told me I needed the Visor "B" meter panel. I ordered and unfortunately, the "experts' were wrong. Doing a little further research, it looks like I'll need Visor "A". Am I correct? I figured I'll change this out while I'm changing the front and rear brakes, fork fluid, clutch and coolant right now.

BTW, I usually use BikeBandit for my OEM parts, but I discovered when I checked on their prices today that the Visor "A" increased in price from $177 to $238 since Monday. Any recommendations for OEM parts?

Thanks

Lou
Lou go here. PART number 18 $188 http://www.indyoem.com/fiche_sectio...ry=MOTORCYCLES&make=HONDA&year=2002&fveh=3503

Or call our sponsor to pricematch. 800-785-6761
http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_secti...ry=MOTORCYCLES&make=HONDA&year=2002&fveh=3498

1 - 5 of 5 Posts