GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
17,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having this problem ??? On the GL1800riders FB page, there is a thread where several are saying that they have had this problem. The owner of the Wing below says he has no luggage rack. If indeed there is no luggage rack, and a "not so heavy person" is not riding on the back seat, and the trunk is not carrying more than 25lbs, this seem like an issue that should be covered under warranty. Apparently Honda is saying the trunk is getting slammed, but because the owner of this Wing has friends that have cracked trunks, and his wasn't, he's says he's been showing them how he closes his by pushing on the lid until it latches. Look at the paint wear is in the picture ... it in the middle instead of the ends. To me that looks like the plastic is warping, or it was came from a bad mold from the factory.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I too, have seen guys slam the lid from all the way open. The whole trunk shutters. There are probably many more out there. I also gently close it then support underneath and compress both pieces until the clicks are heard and the dash panel confirms closure. Never pushing on the spoiler. No rack.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ditto

1 - 3 of 3 Posts