GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else ever discover this page?

http://craigvetter.com/index.html

Click all the way across "The Designs and Inventions of Craig Vetter" and it will bring back memories to many of you.

More than just farings of course, but that is where it all began. I think most would agree that the Goldwing would just be a big naked muscle bike if it wasn't for Craig Vetter. This is almost like visiting a museum.

Also does anyone else see an old 45 rpm record adapter in the Vetter logo?

Enjoy

·
Registered
277 Posts
Anyone else ever discover this page?

http://craigvetter.com/index.html

Click all the way across "The Designs and Inventions of Craig Vetter" and it will bring back memories to many of you.

More than just farings of course, but that is where it all began. I think most would agree that the Goldwing would just be a big naked muscle bike if it wasn't for Craig Vetter. This is almost like visiting a museum.

Also does anyone else see an old 45 rpm record adapter in the Vetter logo?

Enjoy
Wow that brought back memories of my 81 GL

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
goldwing

I owned a X75 Hurricane, serial number 0000254, for about a year. I sold it and made a thousand dollars profit. Thought I was hot stuff!

Oh well.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm well aquatinted with Craig's website as I own a '78 Vetterized Goldwing and am a member of a Vetter owners forum. I first became familiar with Vetter products when I was but a young lad and my dad owned an XS11 with Vetter fairing and bags. I often dreamed of owning a Terraplane sidecar, now they are either rediculously priced or need a lot of love.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
802 Posts
Funny you should bring this up. There is a bike for sale near me, parked out on the parking lot by a busy street. It is not a wing, but an inline air cooled four cylinder much like a CB750. This bike is sporting a white Vetter Windjammer fairing with Vetter bags and trunk. Nostalgic!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Funny you should bring this up. There is a bike for sale near me, parked out on the parking lot by a busy street. It is not a wing, but an inline air cooled four cylinder much like a CB750. This bike is sporting a white Vetter Windjammer fairing with Vetter bags and trunk. Nostalgic!
That fairing may be worth more than the bike it is on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts