GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Goldwing non ABS. When replacing the Crank Sensor is the plug on the wire located under the fuel tank or can you reach it from the front of the bike by removing the lower cowl. Also, does the oil run out when you remove the timing cover? Thanks for the help

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,372 Posts
I have a 2003 Goldwing non ABS. When replacing the Crank Sensor is the plug on the wire located under the fuel tank or can you reach it from the front of the bike by removing the lower cowl. Also, does the oil run out when you remove the timing cover? Thanks for the help
You can reach it from the front after removing the lower(gray) and upper(black) cowls. It’s under the air box, near the throttle body, not as far back as the fuel tank.

·
Vendor
22,070 Posts
You will need a new gasket, and you'll have to remove all the old gasket material. I recommend using a plastic tool to remove the old gasket material so you don't scratch up the sealing surfaces. A 3M Roloc Bristle disc on an electric drill will get the job done easily without damaging the surfaces.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts