GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished another oil and filter change at just under 16K miles. Each time I change the oil, since new, I've checked the crankcase breather tube for fluid but the tube has been bone dry. Curious because my '99 Valk I/S had some ugly looking stuff drain out each time I checked it when I changed oil. Is this a normal thing on the Wing or do I have a tube disconnect somewhere and the stuff is draining out someplace else??

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Should be okay. I've only drained a little out of mine, but after riding in hard rain.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I guess the liquid is "normal" because Honda requires you to check (service or drain) it as part of your regular scheduled maintenance program and mine does hold a little goo until I drain it. :shock: :p

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I ride in plenty of rainny weather, and the tube as always been dry. I still check it at each oil chainge, since it so easy to get to.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I've checked mine several times in 40k miles. There's never been anything in it except one time when there was about 1 1/2" of gunk in it. Anyhoo, it's good to check it every once in awhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts