GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 F6b that had an episode of not starting. It gave me a code 19 and has been starting ever since this one incident, with no more codes. I read some other post about this issue and decided to clean the connector yesterday. Getting to the connector through the boot was a pita, but finally got it. The connector was pretty clean, just barely enough dirt to see, but I wouldn't think bad enough to cause the issue. It started up right after but to be on the safe side and not get stranded somewhere I'm going to go ahead and replace the sensor. I found the sensor on partszilla but can't find the gasket, does anyone happen to know the part number?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I have a 2015 F6b that had an episode of not starting. It gave me a code 19 and has been starting ever since this one incident, with no more codes. I read some other post about this issue and decided to clean the connector yesterday. Getting to the connector through the boot was a pita, but finally got it. The connector was pretty clean, just barely enough dirt to see, but I wouldn't think bad enough to cause the issue. It started up right after but to be on the safe side and not get stranded somewhere I'm going to go ahead and replace the sensor. I found the sensor on partszilla but can't find the gasket, does anyone happen to know the part number?
Having the same issue with my 07. Part number 11524-MCA-010. Should be the same for your bike, but double check it. I have yet to locate the plug for mine LOL. any ideas?

Fred

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if you have ABS or not, but mine doesn't. My connecter was inside a clear boot, back towards the throttle body. It was a pain to get to. I just followed the wire coming out of the cover until I located the boot. My connector was red. I've read if you have abs it's a major pain to change out. Thanks for the part #!

·
Vendor
17,815 Posts
If I recall once the 5th gen production was moved to Japan (2012+), the connector boots are all clear instead of black. To get to the crank angel sensor on ones with ABS, the seat, shelter, fuel tank, and air-box needs removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts