GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a ride up to Crater Lake Oregon and down to the Redwoods specifically the Avenue of the Giants and 38 miles of the old hwy 101. Both areas were breathtaking in their own way. I shot some video with my Contour HD helmet cam.I probably needed to edit out more of the Redwoods but it was just so peaceful and beautiful I got alittle carried away.

I have been to Crater Lake before but never when there has been 10 feet of snow still on the ground. Access to the loop and north entrance to the park were closed because of all the snow. However despite the limited access I think this visit was my favorite to date. Have a look:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g66P5htXU7s&feature=youtube_gdata

·
Vendor
17,785 Posts
That one gave me goose bumps. I miss riding the ruggedness of the West.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
One of the most spectacular rides I ever took. I did not really believe trees could get so big... and so many of them. Nothing like riding in a tunnel of snow either. Good job!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Excellent video - thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Great video; thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nice Scenery!
Did they have more snow than usual this year, or is that normal to have so much on the ground in late june?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most of the locals we talked to said that this winter and especially this spring was one of the wettest years in recent memory. I know that here in Northern Utah as of the first of July if we didn't get another drop of moisture until October the end of the water year it would be the fifth wettest year ever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts