GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I have three days to burn on the bike. Traveling with my GF who likes to ride. I am in Shelton, Wa and contemplating A ride up into Osoyoss BC and following the border over to MT. My other option is heading towards Crater Lake in Oregon. I do all backroads and have a Leesurlite camp trailer, so which way should I go? I am good with NF campgrounds away from uh.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been both ways and if I was making the choice I'd go to Crater Lake and back up the Oregon coast. The Oregon caves are also worth a visit on your way to the coast.

·
Registered
273 Posts
A few years back I was traveling through Oregon heading toward Glacier National Park when we happened to come along a little town called Mitchell, Oregon, on Highway 26 between Primeville and Mount Vernon. It was late so we spent the night at the Oregon Hotel, the only Hotel in town, (www.theoregonhotel.com) not knowing what else was down the road. Man what a great experience and have been wanting to return to that area for some time. It is well worth the stop on your way to Crater Lake. There is also a very nice hotel at Creater Lake if you can make reservations. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
A few years back I was traveling through Oregon heading toward Glacier National Park when we happened to come along a little town called Mitchell, Oregon, on Highway 26 between Primeville and Mount Vernon. It was late so we spent the night at the Oregon Hotel, the only Hotel in town, (www.theoregonhotel.com) not knowing what else was down the road. Man what a great experience and have been wanting to return to that area for some time. It is well worth the stop on your way to Crater Lake. There is also a very nice hotel at Creater Lake if you can make reservations. Good luck.
That would be www.theoregonhotel.net

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
Neither link seems to work...

·
Registered
467 Posts
a great road is hwy 138 from Roseburg OR to Crater lake. It is a mountain road that follows the North Umpqua River and it is a great motorcycle road. You can then take Hwy 62 to Medford, OR and from there, hwy 199 to the Oregon Caves and on to Crescent City, CA. From there, up the PCH to WA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts