1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
If I remember correctly, Neosho Construction out of Council Grove KS had a semi tractor with a 24v91 in it to pull 666 Cat scrapers around back in the early 70's.

The valve cover was about an inch from the steering wheel and the engine went out through the back of the cab.

You couldn't pay me enough money to sit in the cab when the engine was running.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I drove a Mack M50AX quarry truck for 10 years, the whole time I sat next to a 16V71 natural governed at 2200 rpm with a manual shift Allison, I dont care if I ever hear a V series again. I would like to see what they put it in and the radiator/fan blade contraption to keep it cool, also wonder if the volume of air from the fan would move those front blower drive belts off the pulleys rendering the whole thing useless, it looks cool though. I wonder if Boss Hoss could build a bike around that.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Gents,
After over 35 years of Fire service in multiple fire departments, I basically grew up with 6-53 Detroit's, 8-V71 Detroit's and the last was the 92 Series Detroits. I will always love the sound of both of the 71 and 92 series. I think those are a true sound of a diesel. In our later units, we had the 60 Series (straight 6). Although those 60 series have proved themselves over and over again, I still like the sound of the 92.

I've got a C-7 CAT 330 in our motor home and it's not loud at all and has medium power.
Scott

·
Registered
557 Posts
back in my college days I worked one summer at a mine and I drove a haul truck with a 12 v 149 T it was very loud

·
Banned
350 Posts
I'd like to see the dyno chart on the motor. I have a 5L, balanced and blueprinted Ford cast iron block, 3v polished heads, running 21lbs on Vortech t-trim blower and it will make 615rwhp on pump gas or 820rwhp on 110. No where near 1750 . I get it has a 7L displacement and that makes a difference but I do not believe 1750rwhp and streetable.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd like to see the dyno chart on the motor. I have a 5L, balanced and blueprinted Ford cast iron block, 3v polished heads, running 21lbs on Vortech t-trim blower and it will make 615rwhp on pump gas or 820rwhp on 110. No where near 1750 . I get it has a 7L displacement and that makes a difference but I do not believe 1750rwhp and streetable.

He is a very respectable builder. Sorry to hijack you page, Here is his website and another video
http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/

http://youtu.be/2vA4CSva-NA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts