GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
When I was going through Wyoming some years ago I had the same issue with crosswinds. Problem is like they said previously theres no way for wind to go through the bike and with those big fenders and trunk it just grabs it. I had upper and lower baker wings and I opened them up parallel with the bike and just loosened myself on the handlebars. My late wife and I rode through 25-45 mile an hour crosswinds for 6 hours. That was the hardest day I ever had on my trike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have had 5 trikes. Three Roadsmith and Two CSC--all without running boards. The wind blows me around all the time. I do not think it would be much different without running boards.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Do you have the adjustable pre-load option? When I built my 2015 I did not get the Accuride system primarily because I want to control that myself. The adjustable pre-load has worked well. Today I rode just over 100 miles in side winds 15 to 20 mph gusting to 30. Jacking up the preload from my normal 9 setting to 15 keeps the wind from rolling the body so I have minimal wind issue. Still have some but that is just part of owning/riding a trike.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts