GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully some of you Wyoming guys can cast some light on my failing memory. :?: A couple of years ago I rode from Spearfish, SD. to Cody. I cant remember if I took 14 off the freeway past Sheridan or 16 out of Buffalo. At the time my riding partner and I were having a discussion about which route to take but for the life of me I cant remember what we decided. I DO REMEMBER stopping for lunch at a crossroads prior to reaching Greybull. A nice establishment. We walked through a general store portion and on into the restaurant. I THINK the name of the place was Bear--------something? I have located it several times on GoogleMaps Classic previously, but Im unable to find it now. Anyone know this place? TIA

Mike

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Maybe the Black Bear Cafe in Thermopolis?, but that a little south of Greybull?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. No town or city involved. Just a large parking lot, store/restaurant, and perhaps cabins or a lodge of some sort. At a crossroads. Thanks for looking, Pooch.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bear Lodge Resort, at the crossroad of Hwy 14 and Hwy 14a. Just drove by last weekend, didn't notice if it was open yet, lots of snow up on top still and Hwy 14a is still closed. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Bear Lodge Resort, at the crossroad of Hwy 14 and Hwy 14a. Just drove by last weekend, didn't notice if it was open yet, lots of snow up on top still and Hwy 14a is still closed. Hope this helps.
:thumbup::thumbup: Burgess Junction is the name of the intersection. We rode the area last summer and had a great time. We based out of Ten Sleeps and rode from Grey Bull up through Shell Canyon on 14 to the junction and then down to Lovell via 14a.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts