GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you going to the Slimey Crud Run on Sunday morning? What about Chicken in Rockton afterwards?

My brother is going - and is looking for some company to ride with, kick the tires with/etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
898 Posts
I plan on being there....1996 Sparkling Pearl Blue GL1500 Aspencade. I will be riding with my son on his new-to-him 1982 CX500 Custom in Candy Red (our summer garage find restoration project).

Plan on Pine Bluff in the AM and Leland afterwards. We will be hanging with other CX riders comparing vintage (30 years old) motorcycles.

No thanks on the chicken run - but if he sees us he could say hello....:thumbup:

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
Laura, is he going to Pine Bluff ? rite now it seems like i am the only one going from around here, i don't have any specific plans yet, i wonder if GL Gene is going ?

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
I am going to try to get down in early morning :shrug: :thumbup: no chicken for me way too many people for my liking !!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Deb & I are going

We are planning on going after I get home from work Sunday morning,will stop somewhere for breakfast,maybe maggie may's in oxford? If anybody interested in hooking up get back to us and we can plan time to meet and were.:cool:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
We are planning on going after I get home from work Sunday morning,will stop somewhere for breakfast,maybe maggie may's in oxford? If anybody interested in hooking up get back to us and we can plan time to meet and were.:cool:
Mmnn Maggie Maes,,,, like what time are you thinking ?? Maggie Maes could be just the push I need to make it for sure ?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Get out at 7 AM

I would be ready to go by 7:30 from home in the rapid's so be at maggie's by 8:15 or hookup with you in Kellner at 7:30 and ride G all the way there from my place. Get back to me.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have to ask....never heard of it...what is the Slimey Crud Run and Chicken in Rockton events...? Where is the Slimey Crud Run held...?

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
I have to ask....never heard of it...what is the Slimey Crud Run and Chicken in Rockton events...? Where is the Slimey Crud Run held...?
SCR is in Pine Bluff and Leland . It's a cool weird bike event . If you never been you need to go !! No organization, no planned rides, no entry fees, just bikers getting together for biker eye candy :yes1:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
I would be ready to go by 7:30 from home in the rapid's so be at maggie's by 8:15 or hookup with you in Kellner at 7:30 and ride G all the way there from my place. Get back to me.
I will pm you Saturday if going :thumbup: Maggie Maes makes it a better than good odds :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Starts in PINE BLUFF

It's held in pine bluff wis. and peak attendance is about 10:00 AM or so,They ride to Lealand WI. and meet there about 1 PM. The SO and myself are going and your more than welcome to jotn us,hope it work's for you.

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
www.slimeycrudrun.com If I go I will introduce you to Peter Eagan. Rapid Ray got a real kick out of that in spring when I did !

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Yes indeed, I did get a real kick out of meeting Peter Egan at the SCR. Rail and I were walking around together and we saw PE standing there. I said I'd like to meet him and shake his hand but I didn't want to bother him. Rail says, "let's go say hi" and so we did. And he couldn't have been nicer and more amiable. I mentioned several columns he had written and of course I told him I have both his books. I want to go again just to talk to him again.

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes indeed, I did get a real kick out of meeting Peter Egan at the SCR. Rail and I were walking around together and we saw PE standing there. I said I'd like to meet him and shake his hand but I didn't want to bother him. Rail says, "let's go say hi" and so we did. And he couldn't have been nicer and more amiable. I mentioned several columns he had written and of course I told him I have both his books. I want to go again just to talk to him again.

I had no idea you were in my old neck of the woods - beautiful area isn't it? Peter is VERY approachable.. always glad to shake the hand of someone new, take a picture with him/etc.

Too bad the show part of SCR doesn't happen much anymore. Very much enjoyed seeing the sport bikes doing wheelies/stoppies/circles/etc. Loren/I have some good memories and pictures from past events there with the Brothers Judnic and GL Gene. Don't forget the sausage and cheese sandwich LOL

Someone come up with a definite plan by say.... 8pm or so tonight, I'll let my brother know. He's not 100% sure right now what he's going to do either. Rail - thanks for the PM, I've passed it along AND didwarn him about you LOL. :)

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Whenever I went to Rockton with the others, I would stop and get a subway sandwitch so I would have something to eat. I swear the chickens starved to death, they serve.

Y'all enjoy....

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
Whenever I went to Rockton with the others, I would stop and get a subway sandwitch so I would have something to eat. I swear the chickens starved to death, they serve.

Y'all enjoy....
maybe thats why they only serve about 1,000 chicken dinners on Sunday :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
I blew a freaking fork seal AGAIN . I got enough oil to fix and a seal . Do not wait for me. If imam there I am there . Will try going to start now . This is my fault showing off with with a group of kids just east of Chetec. One too many wheelies. Am motivated as I want as asparagus omelet in morning . Got a start wrenching , where's my MtDew ?? Let's plan on Kellner gas station 7:30

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
maybe thats why they only serve about 1,000 chicken dinners on Sunday :thumbup:
You know its true, you have seen me stop a couple times and get a sandwitch, since the chicken is all skin and bones, burnt to a crisp, served with all the flies you can swat away from your plate

I would opt for one of your famous Kwik Trip roller dogs instead,

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
see you then

Rail will see you at 7:30 gas station call my cell if something comes up#715-570-5697:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts