GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruise won't activate when lights on low beam,(brights work). Notice low beam lights very poor. Reverse also won't activate

Checked fuses all good, voltage on neutral side of fuses. At three fuse points reads 0.083volts live side all 12.1V

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Wild guess!!! First check battery connections,CLEAN, SHINEY, & TIGHT,
Then do a real load test on the battery, it may be going south,

Your symptoms are like MANY! that have posted on here and that is usually the first places to start and is usually the number one cause.

GL1800 does weird things when it can't get enough juice..
Let us know what you find and then the fun starts.. If it's not the battery...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Seriously, since 12.1 for an at-rest battery indicates less than 50% charge, my guess is your battery is no good. Take it to your local auto parts store and ask them to load test it (as Doug said).

Good luck.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Seriously, since 12.1 for an at-rest battery indicates less than 50% charge, my guess is your battery is no good. Take it to your local auto parts store and ask them to load test it (as Doug said).

Good luck.
Please don't load test any battery that is in need of a charge. It will show you need to replace the battery which might not be the case if tested after charging.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts