GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help changing air filter for first time and need to know how to adjust cruise control cable to take out lag. Also do you have to have top shelter off to wire in sirrus radio direct to radio so you do not have to use FM transmitter on sirrus, and where can I get lead to do this.. Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Concerning the removal of the top shelter...I found a review of the service manual very helpful.

I also fashioned a small piece of cardboard to use as a template when removing the various bolts (the ones holding the shelter in place are different sizes and must be replaced in their proper position).

While the replacement of the air filter is time consuming, it can be done with some patience. A few notes along the way will help to insure everything is plugged back in.

The cruise adjustment is not too difficult either. I always take the bike for a test ride before replacing the top shelter just to make sure I've got it set correctly.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
You do not have to remove the shelter to do the Sirius radio. Just plug it intothe AUX and power connectors behind the left fairing pocket in the rubber boot.

The cruise fix is found in various places onthe net. give it a search. It is much easier if the shelter is off which it will be if you're changing the air filter. EC has all your connectors. give them a call and tell em what you're up to, they'll fix you up. http://www.electricalconnection.com/

·
Registered
933 Posts
just did the cruse adj yesterday. Very easy to do.

·
Registered
750 Posts
well, it looks like your finished. As you know there are many different length fasteners that look alike. The first time I removed I took a bit of different color acrylic paint and put a dab on fastener top and next to it on the fairing. Next time I pull it it will be a snap. Also not a bad idea to pull the fuel tank and check all of those hose clamps underneath!! One of mine was oozing antifreeze!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts