GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 8 years and 2 GLs I noticed on this last trip that I can cancel the CC by giving the throttle a negative twist...it then "pops" out of CC. I would have sworn you could not do that before. Do all GLs to that?

Wonders never cease

·
Registered
234 Posts
Never heard of that but that would be nice. Guess I'll have to give it a try...

J.D.

·
Registered
425 Posts
It works like that on my 08 Wing and was that way on my K12LT.
Never gave it much thought, I thought it was normal.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Geez I'll have to try that today. I was unaware of that. Learned something this morning, now it is time to go play.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That was the same on my K1200LT also.

My wing does it too.

Seems normal to me.

·
Registered
792 Posts
All GL1800's will do that, from the first year they were introduced. Like stated in a earlier post, that's in your owners manual, with a lot of other tidbits that has been missed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
All GL1800's will do that, from the first year they were introduced. Like stated in a earlier post, that's in your owners manual, with a lot of other tidbits that has been missed.
:agree: R.T.F.M.:thumbup:

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,603 Posts
It is designed to do that, but I wouldn't make it a practice to do it very often. The reason might sound a little paranoid, but it works for me. The switch that does this neat feature is as cheap as the ones that go bad all the time on the levers. The more you use it, the sooner it will need replacement. Since it is mounted on the front of the throttle body, it's not much fun to change. It stays in the closed position all the time unless you push the throttle closed, so leave it alone and use the clutch lever or front brake lever. Those switches are much easier to change. :thumbup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
My 1992 Yamaha Venture Royale did that, too. Only, it had a neat liitle feature where you could reverse the throttle lightly and drop 5 mph without dropping the cruise the whole way out. Then when you released the throttle, it would take you back up to speed.

YamaCruise was pretty nice and probably the only step backwards I noticed when trading up to a GW.

Well, there was a nice light and mirror in the rear truck, too.

And the CB and the radio and cassette (at that time) came with the bike.

And, it told you what gear you were in and had a battery gauge.

It was also top heavy and handled like crap and they were prone to CATCHING ON FIRE !!

Having said that, my Goldwing is AWESOME !!

·
Registered
263 Posts
They all do it and all did it. It's in all of our manuals. Brake, clutch throttle will all disengage it...Though the throttle way is a bit harder.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The owners manual says there are three ways to cancel the cruise control: 1) brakes, 2) clutch, and 3) negative throttle roll. I found a fourth way. Accidentally hit the kill switch! LOL!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts