GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, guess I should know the answer to this but....
if one leaves the curise control on (gl1800 2004) does it in anyway effect how freely the throttle moves? If it does then it is best I would think to turn it off when one is not going to use/set it.

If one has the cruise control set does the effect how freely one can move the throttle grip?

thanks

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Leaving it on has absolutely no affect as I do it all the time.
When it is set or engaged you may feel a slight resistance to backing off the throttle, maybe not. Backing off the throttle will also cancel the cruise.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I turn mine off, on the 07 when not using it.

They have relocated the ON and SET lights to the speedometer.

They are both hard to see with my eyesight.

The ON light is yellow and is located right next to the yellow overdrive indicator light.

If I am in 4th gear and have the cruise turned on, at first glance I think I'm in overdrive. They sould be relocated and made more visible.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
leave mine on all the time, have with every wing I've owned (four)

Did the same with the Ultra....

Don;t think it matter on any brand of bike, not activated until you push the set button.

Matter of fact, leave it on in the cars....

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I leave mine on all the time in everything I've owned. I never noticed any change in the way the throttle feels.

I do like my RT's cruise better because it's soother and it sets in all 6 gears! :D

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
I turned mine on in Feb. of 01 when I picked up the bikre from the dealer and haven't turned it off yet
**** :D

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I bumped my cruise on/off button to the off position by accident once. I think it was a february, mayb 2005.

on long rides on a fairly straight road i find my self over riding the cruise control..... I can set it on something like 78mph.

In a little bit the GPS will say 90 or higher as I have twisted the throttle a bit harder

·
Registered
552 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
I bumped my cruise on/off button to the off position by accident once. I think it was a february, mayb 2005.

on long rides on a fairly straight road i find my self over riding the cruise control..... I can set it on something like 78mph.

In a little bit the GPS will say 90 or higher as I have twisted the throttle a bit harder
Have you been drinking? I distinctly remember that you bumped your cruise control in March of 2004, and you weren't doing no 78 mph, you were doing 76 mph, and your gas mileage was 41 mpg, the temperature was 71 degrees, and the humidity was 12%, you had just changed your oil, you had 41 psi in your tires, and your butler cup was running over.

Who the f**k you trying to fool dude? :wink:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
azblackbird said:
Tony in AZ said:

Have you been drinking? I distinctly remember that you bumped your cruise control in March of 2004, and you weren't doing no 78 mph, you were doing 76 mph, and your gas mileage was 41 mpg, the temperature was 71 degrees, and the humidity was 12%, you had just changed your oil, you had 41 psi in your tires, and your butler cup was running over.

You AZ guys kill me. 12% humidity? Our gauges don't even go that low. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
don't use cruise control

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
azblackbird said:
Tony in AZ said:

hahahahahahahaha,,,, your on to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts