GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed the other day my cruise control no longer seems to resume after having been disengaged.
The "Accel/Resume" button works fine in acceleration mode, that is if the CC is set, it will increase the speed. However, if the CC was disengaged for any reason, it won't resume when you press it. The orange CC light (indicating the CC is enabled) will blink once, very briefly, but the green light won't come on and neither will CC resume. I can still bring it up to the desired speed and press the Set button, so it wasn't really any big deal.

I thought it might be one of the switches, brake or clutch, but that would also keep the CC from being set, wouldn't it?

I have a sticking Mute button, well rather one that doesn't want to remain pressed, so I'll open up the handlebar assemblies anyway.
Do yall think it can be a any of the brake or clutch switches?

· Registered
20,601 Posts
WARRANTY
They will replace the whole assembly/ The top shelter has to come off to replace

· Registered
297 Posts
It might not help your problem, but a shot of WD40 or contact cleaner does wonders for those switches. I have to give my clutch release switch a shot ever now and then. If it is still under warranty let them earn their money, if you don't mind the down time.

· Registered
20,601 Posts
My cruise went out also. Make them order the assembly and call you when the part comes in. Then you bring the bike in.It is an hour fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.