GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this when you set the intial cruise or when you push the button to resume cruise? Mine acts funny when I hit the resume button, bike will slow and then go back to the initial setting. It locks right in though when I push the set button..........

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
It could be either or both; but lag is usually meant to describe the delay between activation and the cruise beginning to take over; typically your speed falls off a few mph before climbing back up to set speed. Resume lag seems to be complained about less. Undershoot is usually meant to mean the bike, when accellerated above cruise and then left to coast back to cruise set speed, slows down to a speed less than the set speed and then regains. Overshoot; rarely complined about, is when one has used the resume feature to increase speed back up to cruise set and the bike actually exceeds the set speed before setteling back to cruise. Many GL1800 riders notice lag and undershoot. Many of those find an easy fix for the lag; most never figure out how to cure undershoot. Lots to search out; if you want to read more.

prs

·
Registered
501 Posts
Before I adjusted mine,
when I hit the set button, if I let off the throttle, it would drop down 5-8 MPH then come back up to the set speed.
When I hit resume, and immedeatly let off, it would drop off maybe 10 or more MPH and come back up slowly.

After I adjusted 4 turns,
Hit set and release throttle, NO speed loss
Hit resume, and release throttle, NO speed loss.

Works great now :)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blento said:
Before I adjusted mine,
when I hit the set button, if I let off the throttle, it would drop down 5-8 MPH then come back up to the set speed.
When I hit resume, and immedeatly let off, it would drop off maybe 10 or more MPH and come back up slowly.

After I adjusted 4 turns,
Hit set and release throttle, NO speed loss
Hit resume, and release throttle, NO speed loss.

Works great now :)
How do I get to the adjustment? My set button works fine, its the resume that drops down...........

·
Registered
159 Posts
Road Hog, my '03 does the same thing, when I press the RESUME button there is distinct time lag before the cruise reengages. I have already adjusted the cruise control and now there is no lag before it engages when initially set but after I disengage the cruise by hitting the brakes or rolling off the throttle then press RESUME there is a definite and annoying lag before cruise reengages. All the suggestions I have read so far pertain to getting rid of the delay in setting the cruise control initially. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tooltator said:
Road Hog, my '03 does the same thing, when I press the RESUME button there is distinct time lag before the cruise reengages. I have already adjusted the cruise control and now there is no lag before it engages when initially set but after I disengage the cruise by hitting the brakes or rolling off the throttle then press RESUME there is a definite and annoying lag before cruise reengages. All the suggestions I have read so far pertain to getting rid of the delay in setting the cruise control initially. Am I missing something?
That is exactly what mine does. My bike is an 06 with 2000 miles on it. I've had it 1 month. The initial set is on the money. I guess the resume is suppose to do that, I don't know.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hopefully someone on the Board has figured out how to correct this problem and post a reply. Now I'm going out for a ride!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
tooltator said:
Hopefully someone on the Board has figured out how to correct this problem and post a reply. Now I'm going out for a ride!
All of the cruise controls I've adjusted by the method in the service manual have behaved perfectly. You might give that a try.

Stu

·
Chard Member
12,995 Posts
Stu_O said:
All of the cruise controls I've adjusted by the method in the service manual have behaved perfectly. You might give that a try.

Stu
You can adjust the cruise any way you wish, but they all drop alot of speed when accelerating with the cruise on, then letting off the throttle.

You can also adjust them without removing the shelter and the resume feature has always worked fine for me. I've only adjusted about 25 this way. Maybe the 26th won't work correct. LOL!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts