GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came up in a conversation and I'm not sure what the answer is.

What is the lowest setting that you can set with the cruise control without damaging the circuit and/or mechanics of the system?

This was brought up regarding the speed traps many of the small towns have (25-35 mph) and trying to use the cruise control to make sure you don't go over without realizing.

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
30-ish, but that's what GPS speed displays are for, if you don't trust your speedometer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Even though 30ish sounds like it will be lugging, cruise also works in 4th gear. 35 mph is almost 2000 rpm in 4th, so not too bad.

·
Registered
999 Posts
What is the lowest setting that you can set with the cruise control without damaging the circuit and/or mechanics of the system?
Too lazy to go out and get the manual for my 2002 but I found a 2009 version on-line. It says the cruise can be set between 30 - 100 mph. And as I think somebody pointed out, it works in 4th or 5th so you need to be in the appropriate gear.

No other constraints to worry about.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I kinda thought the magic low number was 30 but I wasn't sure. Also good to know you can be either in 4th or 5th gear!! :thumbup:

(Can't imagine being in 5th and only doing 30 mph :wrong:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts