GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read nearly every cruise control thread on this site, I've done everything else I can so I'm down to believing its one of the cruise control relays that's malfunctioning. I ordered and have 2 new relays, but I can't find anyplace to show me which relays they are. I figure they are in the relay box under the seat but need assistance with which ones are they. does anyone have a good picture so I can replace the correct ones.

Mike Rand
CA1V CD

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Mike,
May or may not be relevant to this particular issue, but it is always best to indicate which year and model GL you have, there may be differences between various years and even models of same year that are important in diagnosing problems. In the mean time I will see what I can learn based on my 2013 and post something soon as I can.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Here are some photos from the service manual for the 2012 and up models.
According to what I see in the electrical trouble shooting guide there are only two relays in the relay box that are associated with the cruise control system, the one labeled "CRUISE ACTUATOR RELAY" the black one in photo 77 and the one labeled "STOP LIGHT RELAY" the blue one in photo 79. Everything else is either a switch or internal to the Cruise Actuator, Combination Meter, Cruise / Reverse Control Module or Gear Position Sensor.
Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts