GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 2012 Goldwing CSC Viper Trike back from the dealer after having the brake recall done.
Just rode it home (about 4 miles) in the cold and didn't really check it all out for a couple of weeks.
I go for a 75 mile ride today (Monday and dealer is closed of course) only to find out the cruise control won't engage. Light comes on and everything but it won't engage. Sucks.
I hate to take it back knowing it's probably just an adjustment of a micro switch somewhere. Probably on the rear brake pedal.
Can anyone tell me where the rear brake switch is and suggestions on how to adjust it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm pretty good with tools. Owned a machine shop for 40 years.
Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm not familiar with trikes, but the switch next to the rear brake cylinder had to be moved to do the recall. Check the adjustment. You have to pull the right side cover to see it. It's located just to the right of the rear master cylinder. Some have reported this issue.

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Under the right side cover, above the brake lever, loosen two screws adjust the brackets up just a little bit. Two switches are mounted on that plate, so check brake lights AND cruise control operation.
Font Auto part

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.