GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My new to me, used 2006 CC doesn't activate. No CC "on" light on the dash when I push the on switch.

I have a manual I'll use to troubleshoot it, but I haven't begun that yet. That's for later today.

Just checking in here to ask if anyone has had that symptom, what their fix was, or if you have any ideas about its theory of operation, or common causes, etc

My new to me, used 2006. The emergency flashers don't come on when I push the button.

I have a manual I'll use to troubleshoot it, but I haven't begun that yet. That's for later today.

Just checking in here to ask if anyone has had that symptom, what their fix was, or if you have any ideas about its theory of operation, or common causes, etc

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Emergency flashers might be a good thing, if they come on they probably won't turn back off.

Dirty, unused switches. You may be able to spray some plastic safe contact cleaner into them while working them to get them to come back to life. WD40 might be safer. You can take them apart and clean them, the grease dries out, but do it in a plastic bag because the springs will fly to parts unknown if you don't.

If you are not mechanically handy...buy new.

·
Vendor
17,784 Posts
My new to me, used 2006 CC doesn't activate. No CC "on" light on the dash when I push the on switch.

The emergency flashers don't come on when I push the button.
Both of those switches operate by pushing "in" to turn them on. Once the switch is pushed they should stay 1/2 in. Do both do that ??? When you do that with the c/c, does the c/c light light or flash ???

The c/c and the 4-ways live on 2 different circuits. They have separate fuses #16 for the c/c and #30 for the turn signal/4-ways. For the c/c, I'd start by checking the fuse. As for your 4-ways, even if the switch stays in, many have had issues with that switch sticking at time, and some owners will disable the switch by cutting wires. To check for that, remove the left switch panel and look for any cut wires in the short harness to the switch panel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts