GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the cruise set light flashing mean? I could not find it in the owners manual. Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
This from the service maual

• The CRUISE ON indicator should come on when the cruise main switch is pushed to ON with the
ignition switch turned to ON.
• If the cruise actuator relay is faulty, the system will enter the fail-safe mode, and the CRUISE SET
indicator will blink when the cruise main switch is pushed to ON with the ignition switch turned to
ON.
• The cruise/reverse control module self-diagnoses the actuator clutch when the vehicle speed reaches
above 25 km/h (16 mph) with the cruise main switch pushed to ON, and the system will enter fail-safe
mode and the CRUISE SET indicator will blink if the actuator clutch is faulty.
• The cruise control system is turned off (memory is erased) when both the SET/DECEL switch and
RESUME/ACCEL switch are pushed simultaneousl

Hope this helps Richard

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Richard

·
Registered
169 Posts
Last summer mine did the same thing, thelocal Honda shop finally figured out after lots of testing....it was my battery. Seems it was going bad and the first thing that went funky was the cuise set light was blinking.

RIDE SAFE

Kenny

·
Vendor
21,870 Posts
skb_35 said:
Last summer mine did the same thing, thelocal Honda shop finally figured out after lots of testing....it was my battery. Seems it was going bad and the first thing that went funky was the cuise set light was blinking.

RIDE SAFE

Kenny
Thats an interesting piece of information. Thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
skb_35 said:

Thanks, I beleive that is the problem. I also noticed a noise in my headset that was not there before. Battery is original 03. So I am going to replace it. I had been working on the brake switch on the foot pedal. It was sticking.

After I got home I turned the bike off and it restarted with no flahing light.

Thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts