·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
experiencing this?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Check your clutch lever and insure you hear a slight click while just barely pulling back on it. Same with the front brake lever. If you don't then look for a small black plastic nib that the lever is allowing to extend when the lever is pulled. Try a little WD40 on the nib, that may free it up, thus allowing the CC to engage.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've had the same problem for a long time and always thought it was because I wasn't going fast enough or something. I checked the manual this morning and it says 30 mph and 3rd gear or higher. No effing way!, lol, So I played with it on the way to work this morning and found the culprit. It's our very sensitive clutch levers. Even 1 mm of travel will disengage the cruise control or prevent it from engaging. The secret is to take your fingers completely off the clutch when you want to engage the cruise. Once I did that, it would engage every time even at 30 mph in 3rd gear. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Have you adjusted your parking brake? Adjusting parking brake can cause you to need to adjust the brake light switch. It sounds like your brake light switch needs to be adjusted, like it is just on the margin of being always on, which prevents cruise from activating. It is a very simple adjustment that requires no tools on the lower right side, about mid-bike.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I found myself just barely touching the rear brake.. the cruise would not engage. Reminds me I need to adjust the positioning since I added floorboards...

·
Registered
126 Posts
2018 DCT. About 6 months after I had owned the bike there was a one week period that the cruise wasn't staying engaged. I would set it, the green light would come on then it would kick off. Made an appointment for the dealership to take a look however the day before the appointment it started working again. That was a year ago and all has been fine since. Now have 23,000 mile and all is good.

·
Love The DCT
12,023 Posts
Have you adjusted your parking brake? Adjusting parking brake can cause you to need to adjust the brake light switch. It sounds like your brake light switch needs to be adjusted, like it is just on the margin of being always on, which prevents cruise from activating. It is a very simple adjustment that requires no tools on the lower right side, about mid-bike.
I'm curious on how adjusting the mechanical parking brake can cause you to need to adjust the brake light switch?

:doorag:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I'm curious on how adjusting the mechanical parking brake can cause you to need to adjust the brake light switch?

:doorag:
If you adjust the cable for the parking brake it somehow can affect the parking brake light switch linkage. I am not sure why, but I have tested and verified this. Other on the forum have too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts