GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My on/off push button for the cruise sticks in the on posistion all the time, if I try enough times it will come off but then stick again next time. Has anyone taken the switch apart?? or will I get myself into trouble in trying so?? I have tried WD40 etc but with no luck :-(

·
Registered
330 Posts
We had the same problem. Only stuck occasionally and a sharp rap instead of a push got it to work.. As a solution we sprayed the entire switch section with some pressurized electrical cleaner and it seemed to clean out the switch contacts. Seems fine now

good riding

·
Registered
537 Posts
+1 on the electrical cleaner...... works like a charm....

got it at radio shack.... some call it contact cleaner....

never had much success with wd40 on those switches

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've tried the electrical contact cleaner, but still is a problem. Mine is presently stuck in the "ON" position, which is better than no being able to turn it on. I'm going to take the bike in and have it taken care of under warranty soon....

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The contact cleaner will work eventually, you may have to keep spraying a lot in there. But the best fix is to disassemble and give it a good cleaning.

·
Registered
44 Posts
:cry:My switch was also sticking and I tried Freds fix , but it still stuck, so I had it replaced under my extended warranty.:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts