GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a note on Chris's Facebook page this morning that I thought was kinda cool. His entire series of 28 Goldwing basics videos can now be had on demand! I've used his youtube videos quite a bit and own the DVD's as well and I've found them to be incredibly helpful. I'm not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, but I've been able to accomplish quite a bit on my own thanks to Chris's good work! There are others who offer similar videos and they are great to, but the option Chris is offering now to get as many or as few videos as you want for a reasonable price is a deal that's hard to beat. Thanks Chris for all your help!! Keep up the good work :thumbup:

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/goldwingbasics

Ron

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
So many folks today have iPads, iPhones, Androids, Blackberries, etc. that I had to be able to stream the content. Even the new Macs do not come with a built-in DVD player. So, like it or not, the future is in streaming video content.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was under the impression from previous post that you were going to make individual task available for $5.00 for three day rental. what happened to that?:shrug::shrug: Still, I think it's great that we can have the videos on demand. Nice Job!:thumbup:

·
Registered
905 Posts
so now I'm wondering ...

Have It Your Way .. REALLY ???

Now you watch Cruiseman's maintenance videos on virtually any device capable of playing video.
Computer, Laptop, TV, Portable DVD player

If you want you can still buy his popular 3-disc DVD set through some excellent online resellers. These DVDs will play back on any computer or TV with a DVD player, or on a portable DVD player.

Computer, TV, iPad, iPhone, Tablet, Kindle Fire
You can purchase the entire collection of Cruiseman's Videos through an On Demand website. This option allows you to stream or download video content to any device connected to the Internet. Video content is delivered in High-Definition (720p).

Computer, TV, iPad, iPhone, Tablet, Kindle Fire...
You have the option of renting the video collection for a full 3 months. With this plan, you can watch the videos as often as you like during the three month period. HD video is streamed to any video-capable device connected to the Internet. You must have an Internet connection to view the rental videos.

CAN THOSE OF US WHO HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THE VIDEO'S STREAM THEM AS WELL ON ANY DEVICE ???

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Have It Your Way .. REALLY ???

Now you watch Cruiseman's maintenance videos on virtually any device capable of playing video.
Computer, Laptop, TV, Portable DVD player

If you want you can still buy his popular 3-disc DVD set through some excellent online resellers. These DVDs will play back on any computer or TV with a DVD player, or on a portable DVD player.

Computer, TV, iPad, iPhone, Tablet, Kindle Fire
You can purchase the entire collection of Cruiseman's Videos through an On Demand website. This option allows you to stream or download video content to any device connected to the Internet. Video content is delivered in High-Definition (720p).

Computer, TV, iPad, iPhone, Tablet, Kindle Fire...
You have the option of renting the video collection for a full 3 months. With this plan, you can watch the videos as often as you like during the three month period. HD video is streamed to any video-capable device connected to the Internet. You must have an Internet connection to view the rental videos.

CAN THOSE OF US WHO HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THE VIDEO'S STREAM THEM AS WELL ON ANY DEVICE ???

I am trying to work out a rebate system for DVD owners who want the streaming service as well. It is a little tough because there are fixed costs to using Vimeo.com for the streaming service. But, registered DVD owners will be getting information on a rebate program soon. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
I was under the impression from previous post that you were going to make individual task available for $5.00 for three day rental. what happened to that?:shrug::shrug: Still, I think it's great that we can have the videos on demand. Nice Job!:thumbup:
Still several individual videos available for rent.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Now, if I buy the streaming set, and down the road you decide to make any additional, will the people who
bought get the new ones automatically ?

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Now, if I buy the streaming set, and down the road you decide to make any additional, will the people who
bought get the new ones automatically ?
Good question. It is technically possible, but it depends on the nature of the "additional" video(s). What is nice about the streaming technology is that if any of the existing videos are updated in the future, the updated videos would be part of your package.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Good question. It is technically possible, but it depends on the nature of the "additional" video(s). What is nice about the streaming technology is that if any of the existing videos are updated in the future, the updated videos would be part of your package.
I meant if they are Goldwing related that hasn't been covered.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is the material covered in the DVDs the same as what is covered in the Vimeo streamed content? The reason I am asking is because I see the topic "re-install top shelter" listed on Vimeo but not on the DVDs. That's something I would want.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Is the material covered in the DVDs the same as what is covered in the Vimeo streamed content? The reason I am asking is because I see the topic "re-install top shelter" listed on Vimeo but not on the DVDs. That's something I would want.
Yes, all of the same videos are on the DVDs

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hmmm guess I am late to the game, this is the first I have even heard of these videos. I really need to get out more!!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I like your videos...just wish you did not put a time limit to watch the "On Demand" series videos...If I buy all the DVD's
I can watch them anytime I like... with no time limit.

Just a thought...

why not offer unlimited viewing, no time limit (just like buying your DVDs) ...for a certain amount...

then charge another amount for yearly updates or additional videos...(just me thinking)

But I do like the On Demand idea

John

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
I like your videos...just wish you did not put a time limit to watch the "On Demand" series videos...If I buy all the DVD's
I can watch them anytime I like... with no time limit.

Just a thought...

why not offer unlimited viewing, no time limit (just like buying your DVDs) ...for a certain amount...

then charge another amount for yearly updates or additional videos...(just me thinking)

But I do like the On Demand idea

John
If you "buy" the On Demand video series, there is no time limit. You have unlimited access.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Cool. I was going to buy the dvd's in the next few weeks, but will just get the on demand service instead. Awesome. :thumbup:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Not sure I understand the question. Once you "buy" the On Demand videos, you can access any of the videos on any day thereafter, whenever you need them.
I purchased the total package and have (as of now) not get on the site and view brake fluid cluth service video or others either. Is there a problem with the system?(Vimeo)

Also Can I download the on deman video to my laptop for reference when I am in the shop and can not get online?

jsr

1 - 20 of 37 Posts