GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some info on good boots and I have heard that Cruiser Works has good boots. Any feedback on boots in general will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Lady of 47 years found a warm spot in her heart last Christmas and gave me a pair of Cruser Works Boots. They are so great I feel the only way to "Thank" her is to buy her a pair for her birthday. Use the same logic here as for your head. If you have a $10.00 head---buy a $10.00 helmet.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I purchased a pair of Cruiser Boots (lace up type) last spring and really like them. They are very comfortable and really, really really waterproof. Besides heavy rain, I have walked in streams and marches and my feet remain nice and dry. My only complaint if I had to nick pick is that since they fit like a glove, in cold weather (30's and below) there is not much room for layering with thicker socks. If I feel certain that the weather will just be cold but dry, I wear my old Rockport hunting boots because of more room for thicker multilayer socks.

My wife tried various boots and she selected the BMW waterproof boots and really likes them. She says they feel like slippers on her feet and also are extremely waterproof. BMW had two different models of waterproof boots, these are the ones with the Velcro and buckles if that helps. I would have purchased the BMW boots too, but they did not come wide enough for my wide feet. Cruiser boots are available in different widths.

That's my story, and I'm staying with it. :D

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I wear Redwing lineman boots, but bought a pair of Cruiserworks for my wife two years ago. She absolutely loves them. They're comfortable, waterproof, safe for the MC and in her words "stylish". Heck, she wears them all the time, to work, to shop, etc. I've considered a pair, but the Redwings usually last me about 6 or 8 years, so I'll have to wait a while. :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I bought Cruiserworks boots last year at Honda Hoot.

After a while I sent this E-mail to them.

Never wore boots riding before. Wouldn't order them on net since I like to try stuff on to be sure. Stopped at your booth at the Honda Hoot and tried em on. Your guy was very helpful. Went to trailer to get another pair when I felt left one was tight and right one was fine. 2nd pair felt better even though they were the same size. Wore them all day at the Hoot and next day riding and every ride since. They are really great. Walked and stood on concrete at hoot all day after I left your booth. Feet didn't hurt at all - which supprised me a little. Expected some ache from standing so long waiting on an install on my goldwing. Shoulda bought more socks then. Took care of that tonite.

Gotta say - they're great to work with and I for one am satisfied customer.
Also, I do think the sox make a big difference to comfort.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thanks for the reminder about the CruiserWorks socks. We brought two pair when I purchased the boots. Afterward we ordered another eight pair, wife likes them too...

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Short term owner, my left foot is great. The right foot a tiny bit loose. Have not tried to adjust with thin cardboard yet. All fairness, shoe fittings have always been a personal problem with high instep. Got the side zipped riding boots. In Cold weather, the snug fit does transmite the body heat away. Use a heavier sock, and warmer. No complaints yet.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have had the Cruiserworks boots for 2 years now and they are the best boot I have ever had. I guess I have a half dozen pair of other boots but these are they only ones I wear any more. Ride all day or walk around all day doen't matter plus water proof to.

Panther

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have owned my Cruiserworks for 2 years and have been very happy with them. They fit great and are very waterproof. The timing of this post was perfect as I just got my boots back today from them after being resoled. I was very pleased as they look almost brand new. It does cost $40 to do that but that is a small price to pay given the condition of the boots I just got back. I think it is a plus is that they even offer to resole them for such a reasonable price. I do not believe anyone could of refurbished these boots as well. I wish I could show you a before and after picture. I wore my boots all the time and they looked it. Their customer service is great as well. I would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Love them

I really like my Cruiserworks boots. Very comfortable, both for riding and walking. Seem to be holding up very well. I recommend them.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I've been riding with Red Wing boots for the past two years and am planning on trying on some Cruiserworks at Wing Ding in July. I just can't bring myself to buying footwear over the internet! If they are 1/2 what everyone tells me, they will have sold another pair!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I've been wearing the Cruiserworks boots for about 3 years and they have been great. My feet have NEVER been wet and they are very comfortable. I'd buy 'em again.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Oh be quiet people for God's sake!!!

My list was just completed and now keep getting longer and longer and longer..............

:wink:

Honeeeyyy!!!! It's not my fault.... It's all because of these people...

:roll:

G

·
0 Posts
I've had CruiserWorks for a couple of years. They are comfortable, though I think the comfort claims are just a teeny bit exaggerated. They are very comfortable on the bike and for short walks, but not as comfortable as good walking shoes, when off the bike for long periods of time.

They ARE 100% waterproof. I definitely would wear them to ride in the rain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bought the touring style Cruiserworks at Americade last year. I'm a K-mart type of shoe shopper... $219 for boots??!! It was a hard pill to swallow, but I went for it and couldn't be happier.

They certainly ARE comfortable walking shoes! Never took them off all week at 'Cade. Any other cheapskates out there shouldn't be disappointed with a Cruiserworks purchase.

Also as stated above their socks are great. Have tried other (cheaper) alternatives and have yet to find anything else I like. Don't have any holes in them yet, either...

Eric

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Just to show how naive some people are, my wife and I bought the CruiserWorks boots sight unseen from their website :shock:

Mine fit perfectly, and I could bore you with re-typing all the details outlined already. I originally used to bring work shoes and change, and then I realized I could wear these all day and still be very comfortable - I wasn't expecting that...

My wife's boots were a little snug, so she called them up. There was a UPS return label in the box already, they sent her a new pair without any hassle or restocking fee, and they paid for the shipping both ways!

They'll probably get my next boot purchase as well.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Boots

My story is a little different.
I ordered their zip up boot. It was very comfortable and I would never say otherwise. However....unlike their other boots, this model (which I thought looked nice) did *not come with ankle armor, *nor shin armor, they were *not tall, and they might *not have had toe armor. They did *not have an extra pad on the toes to take the brunt of the shifter, *nor were they slightly inclined to make it just a little more comfortable when sitting on the bike. The boots themselves were very comfortable to walk in, but I did not buy them to just walk around in, especially at what I felt was a substantial price.

What annoyed me most was that while they say their boots come with armor at the ankle and shin, these features were conspicuious by it NOT being revealed that these side zip up boots did NOT come with those necessary and important features.

I bought Oxtar;s on sale at (I think) knee draggers or some such place. Oxtars were about 169. Actually, I saw them on line at the above place and then bought them from a local BMW dealer from whom I was buying a Schuberth helmet. He matched the on line price and there was no sales tax. The Oxtar's have, shin ankle armor, toe pads for shifter, are angled for riding comfort and look nice and are as comfortable as Cruiserworks to walk in or ride. I think all new (real) mc boots are totally waterproof, so the water proof feature of cruiserworks, is a non event.
I returned the cruiser works boots and true to their word, they refunded my money, with no questions asked. I think their boots other than the side zip ups are probably good. The side zip ups are ordinary and do not offer the necessary protection. I M H O, of course.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I may get "the boot" for this :lol: , but my only reservation about the CruiserWorks boots is that they have no real protection. I wore my work Danners for quite a while (a good, supportive, waterproof boot) until I could afford real motorcycle boots. I got away from the Danners because they had no ankle, shin, or other armor. I ended up with Oxtar Goretex boots. They have hard armor over the shins, ankles, and have a steel footbed. They don't look like sportbike boots though, the amor is concealed under the nylon/leather. They are not the most comfortable for walking long distances, but I can easily slip on a pair of tennis shoes. After all, I don't walk around in my helmet, gloves, and jacket either. I have seen too many foot injuries not to have good protection down there.

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I rode two full days, 1000 miles, last summer in constant rain in Cruiserworks Classics. Both boots leaked finally. Before that they were my favorites. I now own three pairs of Sidi boots. For me they are a better fit and they offer a lot more protection than the Cruiserworks. I posted this story in August and found several other people that have the same problem with them leaking after prolonged exposure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts