GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I give up! I have been looking for a new helmet with an audio system for my daughter. Short of blowing a ton of cash at Honda is there a retailer that has a reasonably priced helmet with these features already built in? Also, this is a dumb question, is the intercom a part of the CB system or is it a seperate function? The guy I bought the bike from did not order the CB or CD and I would like to know if the intercom will be available to us. :oops:

·
Registered
118 Posts
With most any DOT approved helmet you can fit a J&M headset or the EdSets headset without too much difficulty. It really isn't too hard!

About the intercom... it's part of the bike and all you have to do is plug in and turn on the intercom... adjust the volume and 'test' it. The radio is also part of the package. It's really easy to hook up an i-Pod too... the wire connection is supposed to come with the bike.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Punchie said:
OK, I give up! I have been looking for a new helmet with an audio system for my daughter. Short of blowing a ton of cash at Honda is there a retailer that has a reasonably priced helmet with these features already built in? Also, this is a dumb question, is the intercom a part of the CB system or is it a seperate function? The guy I bought the bike from did not order the CB or CD and I would like to know if the intercom will be available to us. :oops:
My daughter, Cassie, rides with me a lot. I bought her a FULL-FACE Arai helmet + EdSets.

Whatever you do, buy her a good fitting, approved helmet.

Then go ride & make some memories!

Happy riding!

Shane

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Depending on the size of your daughter's head, and if you can't find a helmet that fits her properly, check out MX (dirt bike) helmets. THese are made in smaller sizes, and come with a face guard.
I bought one for my son, and installed a J & M headset. Worked great, and he had some face protection.
I would suggest you buy either a full face or flip front helmet for the extra protection.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
My son wears a Vega helmet. It fits him good and its a full face. I installed a J&M headset in it and it works great. I have less than $200.00 in the whole thing I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts