GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the part number or any on line retailer that sells the copper crush washers for the radiator drain bolt.Ive tried wingstuff, dennis kirk,bikebandit etc and had no luck finding the crush washer

·
Registered
994 Posts
I just bought one Monday at the local dealer. He didn't put the number on the invoice, just $.55 for the price; probably could have got one at the hardware dealer for a dime but somebody's gotta make the profit.
So I'm no help on the number... Isn't there an on-line catalog here on this site somewhere through one of the sponsors?

Oh, another thing... The Tech I was buying from (I was complaining about the price of the anti-freeze compared to the Honda car store price) insists there is a difference in the two products. He says the car stuff has additives in it that shouldn't be used in the motorcycles. I mentioned the many conversations on this board saying the two were the same stuff; he says not. He is a Master Tech, for what that is worth. And he knew what I wanted when I laid the used radiator drain crush washer on the counter; knew exactly what it was...!

And I did get my nice discount on both the items I bought.

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
Try online dealers website ! Most have parts fiche you can look at. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Does anyone know the part number or any on line retailer that sells the copper crush washers for the radiator drain bolt.Ive tried wingstuff, dennis kirk,bikebandit etc and had no luck finding the crush washer
90463-ML7-000

It is a 6MM copper washer. My dealer can get them in 3 days as can most and would be the cheapest with no handling charge :evil:. Wingstuff has them on their OEM portion of the site. So does HDL. I am sure the companies you mention can get them. They just have phone people that don't understand :shrug:.

·
Vendor
17,403 Posts
You might also try and carry it into your local auto parts store and see if they have something similar. Copper crush washers are used in the braking systems of many cars.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
I picked up a copper crush washer assortment kit with all kinds of sizes in it for around six bucks, but I can't remember exactly where. It was either at Harbor Freight or a Super Walmart.

Sent from my 16 core, dual 27 inch display workstation because I am screwing around instead of working.

·
Vendor
17,403 Posts
Sent from my 16 core, dual 27 inch display workstation because I am screwing around instead of working.
You should take the rest of the day off. In fact, start the weekend now ... just sayn !!!

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
#22 Water Pipe Drawing
6.5MM washer
90463-ML7-000

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Local Ace hardware store.
Cheap, convenient.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts