GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Nolan helmet from HDL during the last sale. Also ordered some crush washers for the next oil change. When I got home Thursday I found a package at my front door. My new helmet had arrived. Tried it out on the ride to work and think I will really like it. I pulled all of the packaging out of the box but no crush washers. I got an email from HDL that said they were on back order.First a tire shortage and now a shortage on crush wahsers :cry: Whats next?? A shortage of air to put in the tires? HDL said they should ship on 091806. I will be anxioualy awaiting their arrival!!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
What will we ever do now :?: I must have my crush washer fix :!:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
They are the same as on certain Honda cars. If you are going through withdrawel you might try that for a temporary fix. :wink:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Time to put my extra's on ebay? :lol:

Actually, I've still got the original on at 45K miles plus.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I have a bag of them, Let the bidding begin!

:a13:

Seriously if anyone just has to have one, let me know and I'll send you one.

·
Registered
193 Posts
When I sold my '05, I was crossing my fingers that the buyer wouldn't ask about the extra crush washers I had squirriled away. He didn't so I have a few stored away. I'm sure glad, and hope he doesn't read this and come knocking, yelling and insisting that I throw them in with the deal! Too late buddy,,,they're mine, all mine!!!!

Ken

G

·
SkyMaster said:
When I sold my '05, I was crossing my fingers that the buyer wouldn't ask about the extra crush washers I had squirriled away. He didn't so I have a few stored away. I'm sure glad, and hope he doesn't read this and come knocking, yelling and insisting that I throw them in with the deal! Too late buddy,,,they're mine, all mine!!!!

Ken
UH OH. Might consider buying a gun or moving. Sounds like trouble with a vengence time is a-comin'. :(

Pat

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Bulldog...sent me 4 of them with my last order of Amsoil....going once....going twice....

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
crush washers

gwlrhfarm said:
Bulldog...sent me 4 of them with my last order of Amsoil....going once....going twice....

I'm jealous, he only sent one with my order. :wink:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I think Bulldog is behind all this madness!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I have a large number of crush washers. Please send me a post office money order for $50 and I will send you five crush washers. Hurry, they will be $15 each next month.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Fred H. said:
No worries. Last week I was in a rush to leave for Arkansas and did a last minute oil change, and forgot to put the crush washer on. I found it laying on the garage floor when I got home from the trip.

Hasn't leaked a drop in almost 2K miles.
Fred, I think you could've left the oil plug out, and your bike wouldn't have leaked any oil. Your bike is probably getting camera shy by now, and won't do anything to make you work on it and film it. :lol:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I still have lots of crush washers. Dangdest thing is that I give them away for free, to my customers.

Perhaps I need to rethink this...>LOL

Dawg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Relatedly, I happen to have a large supply of special, nitrogen-based tire filling gas. Guaranteed to be almost 80% pure nitrogen; yet safe, because it also contains enough oxygen to avoid any problems with asphixiation if you accidentally breath the gas. Also includes special, expensive exotics like xenon, argon, and neon... at NO EXTRA CHARGE.

Cost is just $8 per tire. We ship it to you free--- by air, of course--- and you use your own compressor to put it in your tires. No muss, no fuss, no hassles. ORDER TODAY!

:wink:

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
flanga said:
Relatedly, I happen to have a large supply of special, nitrogen-based tire filling gas. Guaranteed to be almost 80% pure nitrogen; yet safe, because it also contains enough oxygen to avoid any problems with asphixiation if you accidentally breath the gas. Also includes special, expensive exotics like xenon, argon, and neon... at NO EXTRA CHARGE.

Cost is just $8 per tire. We ship it to you free--- by air, of course--- and you use your own compressor to put it in your tires. No muss, no fuss, no hassles. ORDER TODAY!

NOW THATS A HIJACK!!!... :eek:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
flanga said:

Good going, Fred. Just like a wireless or cell phone, no messy lines to deal with. And, thanks for your quick service; I put some in my tires yesterday, so I guess I'd better send you a check right away. :wink:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts