GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All switches are ok. crusie actuator all messurment all ok. All fuses ok. But control unit is cracked馃槥 any one changed this馃
Kitchen appliance Cuisine Office equipment Font Gas
Kitchen appliance Cuisine Office equipment Font Gas

Vendor
All switches are ok. crusie actuator all messurment all ok. All fuses ok. But control unit is cracked馃槥 any one changed this馃
Most are like that. My advise ... wait for failure.

Registered
All switches are ok. crusie actuator all messurment all ok. All fuses ok. But control unit is cracked馃槥 any one changed this馃 View attachment 394358 View attachment 394358
I am not sure what your question is. However, if you are trying to set your cruise at 25 km, I can understand why it would not set. I am relatively certain that the cruise can not be set below 30 mph / 48 kmh.

As to the cracks, it is not a concern. That is epoxy filler that the manufacturer puts into the module when it is manufactured. The cracks occur after the epoxy has set and I believe it is only a surface imperfection.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most are like that. My advise ... wait for failure.
I have failiure my crusie set light is blinking when i pass 25kmph. That is my problem. My on button for crusie dont need to Bee on the light comes on anyway. Goes of when i turn of my ignition and comes back when i pass 25kmph. And my crusie dont work馃槥

Registered
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you but think this is a new one.

Registered
My brother had a 2002 GL1800 that did the cruise set light flashing and not setting, we did the ECM reset procedure and had no further problem.

Vendor
I have failiure my crusie set light is blinking when i pass 25kmph. That is my problem. My on button for crusie dont need to Bee on the light comes on anyway. Goes of when i turn of my ignition and comes back when i pass 25kmph. And my crusie dont work馃槥
OK ... sorry, I see what you're saying. I was thinking your picture above showed an ECM (engine control module), and what you are really showing is a REV/CC module. But it's still not unusual for potted modules on 5th gens to show cracking. If you think that might be causing your problem, I would swap it out with a known good one from a freinds bike and make judgement from there.

Registered
Sark, what is your location?? If near me I will swap out EMC with you to help you out
( Springfield, Massachusetts)

Ronnie
1/16/22

Reactions: CAWing

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sark, what is your location?? If near me I will swap out EMC with you to help you out
( Springfield, Massachusetts)

Ronnie
1/16/22
Thanks 馃槉 i live In norway so that i think is not possible. I have bought a used one its on its way i the mail馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My brother had a 2002 GL1800 that did the cruise set light flashing and not setting, we did the ECM reset procedure and had no further problem.
How to reset ecm. I have tryed to hold resume+ and crusie set simeontynesly. Do not help 馃槥

Registered
Reset the ECM, from what I have been told is;
Disconnect the negative lead of the battery for 15 to 30 minutes.
Reconnect the battery.
Start the bike. Do not touch the throttle.
Let the bike run for a few minutes.
I have hard that you let it run until the fans kick on but I think you can just let it run until the idle is low and the bike is warmed up.

I do not know if there is a procedure in the service manual.

Registered
How to reset ecm. I have tryed to hold resume+ and crusie set simeontynesly. Do not help 馃槥
I found this on another website:

Here are the steps that I follow to reset the ECM on the Goldwing:

Make sure the engine is cold and has sat for at least 5 hours, overnight is best
Remove the ground (black) cable from the battery
Let the bike set for at least 30 minutes
Re-attach the ground to the battery
Start the Goldwing, but DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE
Allow the bike to idle until the engine warms up and you hear the radiator fans turn on
After the fans turn off, turn off the ignition
Restart the bike and go for a ride!

Reactions: 823Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found this on another website:

Here are the steps that I follow to reset the ECM on the Goldwing:

Make sure the engine is cold and has sat for at least 5 hours, overnight is best
Remove the ground (black) cable from the battery
Let the bike set for at least 30 minutes
Re-attach the ground to the battery
Start the Goldwing, but DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE
Allow the bike to idle until the engine warms up and you hear the radiator fans turn on
After the fans turn off, turn off the ignition
Restart the bike and go for a ride!
This can help the idelig going up and down. Have also tryed this dosent help馃槥

Registered
The flag shown in his sig. appears to be from Norway. May be a very long ride.
Aaaaaaaaa ooops I see, "well I tried for you""

Ronnie
1/24/22

Reactions: sarkvam
1 - 15 of 15 Posts