GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of y'all carry crutches on your trikes - even seen one wheelchair. I am going to need to carry mine for at least the next 3-4 months and am looking for something that will not permanently mar the trike. Any suggestions?
FrostBite

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Maybe get the kind of crutches that have the little push button pins in the legs to adjust them with. Simply collapse them, and strap them across the back seat to the passenger grips. Use a couple of those small ball end style bungee straps.

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
I know some of y'all carry crutches on your trikes - even seen one wheelchair. I am going to need to carry mine for at least the next 3-4 months and am looking for something that will not permanently mar the trike. Any suggestions?
FrostBite
Do you ride solo? If so, the back seat could have a verticle clamp installed that could be removed that would hold the crutches in place. Secondly, if you have a trailer hitch, you could install a small verticle carrier on it that would hold the clutches...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crutch Holder

The trailer hitch idea doesn't work because I currently only have one foot that reaches the ground until I can wear my prosthesis again - getting back to the seat would be tough. Thanks for the idea on the seat clamp - I will look at that.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Do you ride solo? If so, the back seat could have a verticle clamp installed that could be removed that would hold the crutches in place. Secondly, if you have a trailer hitch, you could install a small verticle carrier on it that would hold the clutches...
Diesel is right on target with the back seat idea. If you wanted to make it even simpler, just lay them across the seat and bungee to the hand holds. Good luck with it.:thumbup:

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Diesel is right on target with the back seat idea. If you wanted to make it even simpler, just lay them across the seat and bungee to the hand holds. Good luck with it.:thumbup:
Jim's idea is great...will work, and no long term affects to de-install later. Might have known that Wheels would have the right solution.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Walmart sells crutches that fold in half for around $35 bucks. The will fit in some trike trunks. I was in your situation a couple of years ago and could hop around to the back.
Old Fred

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I shattered my foot last year and used crutches, I laid the bottom tip of the crutches on the right fairing pocket and then bungeed them to the passenger grab handle. There was still enough room for Marie to be comfortable on the back. Had no problems with them shifting or anything. The top of the crutches were close to the fender so I would wrap a towel around the top of the crutch and bungee it, just in case it would shift and bump the fender. Worked pretty well for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks like a good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts