GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Boys and Girls, I'm Nubby!

I have only met a very small amount of you but I need help.
I have an 06 CSC bought new in fall of 07 and it has had bad paint from day one. My dealer said to buff it out, so I waited till it got bad in a lot of places then took it back for some other work and ask the dealer about it again, he says oh yes it's bad paint, so he sends the body back to CSC for a repaint, and CSC tell him that they have not had any paint problems and they Will Not Pay! My Dealer says he's going to have to pay for the repaint out of his pocket, thats just not right, when you get a good dealer and then CSC is trying to screw Him!
Please, anyone that has had to have a CSC trike repainted because of paint bubbles sent me an email, I want to get a list of who and when so my good dealer can have some thing to fight back at CSC with, Thank Nubby aks Keith Behrnes please Email me [email protected]

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hi Nubby,

Where in south Louisiana are you......??? And who's your dealer...???

Have you tried calling CSC yourself. The response your dealer gave you doesn't sound like something CSC would blatantly say.

If they have the body right there in front of them, and are able to see the bad paint.....one would thing they can see their responsibilty....!!!!

:popcorn: :doorag:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wilson,
I'm just on the North side of Baton Rouge in Zachary.
My Dealer is GN Gonzales in BR, I done Buisnes with them for 30+ years and they have alway been Great.
This is no defferant, I will not have to pay for the work, it just doesn't sound right that GN has to pay eather!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hi Wilson,
I'm just on the North side of Baton Rouge in Zachary.
My Dealer is GN Gonzales in BR, I done Buisnes with them for 30+ years and they have alway been Great.
This is no defferant, I will not have to pay for the work, it just doesn't sound right that GN has to pay eather!
Hi Nubby,

With that being said, and GN Gonzales so willing to pay for the repaint, I have to wonder:

Did you order the trke conversion already factory painted, or is it possible you purchased the trike on the GN floor, and they (GN) ordered the trike conversion, and had the conversion painted locally, and installed before you purchased it. I can see where that would cause GN to be responsible.

I purchased my trike at Honda of Lafayette, painted locally in Lafayette. If there was a paint issue, It would have been between me and Honda of Lafayette and not CSC .

Although I have never purchased from GN, I'm aware that they are good people to deal with. I just can't see GN paying for something unless they know they are responsible.

I hope our MC paths cross one day soon

How about you show up for our Texas Spring Trike Roundup in Kerrville on Aril 15th, or watch for a Russellville gathering on Oct 16th.

The Texas Hill Country 2009 Spring Trike Tour is set for Thursday, April 16th – Sunday, April 19th. Base camp will remain the Whitten Inn in Kerrville, Texas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want to sign up and join in the fun, email me at [email protected] Please provide the following information:

Pilots Name
Co-Pilots Name
City & State
Cell Phone Number
Date you plan to arrive
Trike make, model and color
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:popcorn: :doorag:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did buy it off the floor, but I have the order from were GN ordered it, the add-ons and painted to match the bike it was installed on. They been good to me so I trying to be good to them.:shrug:

·
Registered
336 Posts
CSC Bad Paint

Nubby, CSC DID have some paint problems back on some of their '06 kits. Rumor was at the time that they had "sublet" some of the work because they were swamped at the time with orders. I looked at one at the time i purchased my Lehman that did have those problems. If memory serves me right, CSC did step up and either re do the bodies that were bad or paid to have them done locally. Best of luck, I have a trailer, not an Escapade, that was blistering within 2 weeks of purchase. After some discussions with the manufacture, my dealer returned it to the factory for them to fix. Long story short, the trailers finish is still crap. I did not pay a premium price for a mediorce piece of stuff, but looks like that is what I am stuck with. I wish you the best of luck with the trike. Kruz ez, Dave

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Nubby,

Unfortunately for your Dealer, he might have to take it on the chin and make you whole.

It will be his fight with CSC for reimbursement. Fair or not, it should not be your loss.

Good on you for trying to get data on paint problems. Says a lot about you!

Bulldog

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had a paint issue with my CSC. Bubbles, chipping, poor all around.
My dealer. Trikes by Tony, stepped up and sent body back to CSC. It was refinished, and it has been fine ever since. Not sure but I think your dealer has to absorb the labor. Part of doing business. CSC had some paint issues, but seems to take care of their customers. Also I believe there is a 6 month paint warranty. Mine was past 6 but they fixed just the same.
Chuckie

G

·
CSC did have some paint problems as Lolead has stated. Also, as chuckie says, there is a time limit on the paint warranty. That being said, I know CSC has fixed a lot of paint problems after the warranty period, mine included.

Q. Was CSC notified of your paint problem on day one, or are they just now finding out, when it is over a year old.

You should call CSC at 1-800-824-1523. Ask for Patrick Sanders or Dwight Harrington. Go straight to the horse's mouth and get a straight answer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
CSC Bad Paint

Why would a dealer sell it knowing the paint was bad?:wrong:

CSC are great people to deal with and they care about their customers. They redid my kit after warranty had expired.

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
I don't have a CSC kit, but I would think CSC would monitor this site, as other kits manufactures should, just to see if sourness is developing among their customers. I know Thomas Bus monitors and is a great customer service company. Shame on CSC for letting so many customers talk about them and not get fast resolution.

Just my observation.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I too would think manufacturers would monitor this forum as well as installers...would be very valuable information for them. However, I talked to an installer in Jackson, MS who did not want to be bothered by such stuff...needless to say he is not customer friendly and has received none of my business, not even a second visit.

On another note, the only Honda dealer in Jackson is folding after over 35 years...sold his inventory to the Victory dealer. Even though he is a friend he too was not customer friendly !! :wrong:

G

·
I don't have a CSC kit, but I would think CSC would monitor this site, as other kits manufactures should, just to see if sourness is developing among their customers. I know Thomas Bus monitors and is a great customer service company. Shame on CSC for letting so many customers talk about them and not get fast resolution.

Just my observation.
CSC does read this forum every day, but they never post. And I have never known CSC not to take care of a customer who had a legitimate problem. They are not a perfect company though and I am sure there will be someone who can post that their problem was not taken care of. I do know of one CSC owner who had a vibration problem they could not fix and he ended up selling it and buying a Hannigan. But I think they really try to satisfy their customers.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have some hairline cracks in one of the running boards on my CSC.
(Could have happened in packing or shipment?)

CSC said they are going to refinish the board and send it back to me.

I will be satisfied with that solution.

CSC is easy to talk to and is taking reponsibility for the repair.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too would think manufacturers would monitor this forum as well as installers...would be very valuable information for them.
Gwillie, CSC does read the threads on this board. If they miss anything, a particular member contacts them immediately. Everyone knows who he is. He's the guy that receives free parts and services from them in lieu of a salary. Any wonder why he pushes their product so strongly. This member was exposed several months ago but you may have missed the post. He’s been keeping a low profile lately. It appears he’s come back out of his hole.

Nubby, I too, once owned an '06 CSC. Not anymore. Too many problems. I know of no other trike manufacturer who gives only six months warranty on their paint. Doesn’t show much about their quality, does it? If you look a little further, you’ll probably learn that it’s not your paint that’s bubbling, but your fiberglass. Ask beastie about CSC’s past bubbling fiberglass .

Good luck.

Walt

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
Gwillie, CSC does read the threads on this board. If they miss anything, a particular member contacts them immediately. Everyone knows who he is. He's the guy that receives free parts and services from them in lieu of a salary. Any wonder why he pushes their product so strongly. This member was exposed several months ago but you may have missed the post. He’s been keeping a low profile lately. It appears he’s come back out of his hole.

Nubby, I too, once owned an '06 CSC. Not anymore. Too many problems. I know of no other trike manufacturer who gives only six months warranty on their paint. Doesn’t show much about their quality, does it? If you look a little further, you’ll probably learn that it’s not your paint that’s bubbling, but your fiberglass. Ask beastie about CSC’s past bubbling fiberglass .

Good luck.

Walt
Walt, you said everyone knows who he is....I do not. Care to share?

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
Gee, I guess Walt has to draw a picture. With over 700 posts, are you kidding?
Hey Baldy, what the heck is your problem? No I am not kidding. I don't normally try to read into why or who makes comments regarding certain brands of trikes. Was I addressing the question to you? Why do people on this board have to be so rude and negative in their comments?

1 - 20 of 113 Posts