GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way from a short ride last night I was on my Goldwing and my wife was on her trike that is equipped with the Cobra XL California Sidecar kit. As we exited off the highway she coasted into a truck stop parking lot. After further inspection I discovered the cv joint on the half shaft that attaches to the right rear tire was broken. There was a flatbed wrecker in the parking lot of the truck stop and he transported her bike to our house for $100, which I thought was a good deal. So, I contacted the Harley Shop in our area that was listed on the CSC website, but they said they no longer work on any bikes other than Harley's. The nearest place to my house is over 2 and a half hours away. So, I contacted a few local mechanics and told them that the CSC service dept told me that the half shaft was the same as a 90's model Chevy Caviler. However, no mechanic in my area is willing to work on it because it is a motorcycle. So, I am not sure what else I can do other than put the bike on a flatbed wrecker and tow it 2 and a half hours to a dealer. I live in East Central Mississippi. Anybody have any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts