GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that the csc only has 5" of ground clearence has this caused a problem for anyone? i live on an unpaved country road was wondering if this would be a problem.
Benny

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
FWIW my Lehman has about the same amount of clearance also. The only thing I watch out for is speed bumps.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have not had any problems with speed bumps or clearance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Belmac, I live at a large Condo Complex with many speed bump's, no problems. I understand that you can add Traxion to the front forks and it will raise it some more.

Ride Safe
Spencer 4 Free

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
i noticed that the csc only has 5" of ground clearence has this caused a problem for anyone? i live on an unpaved country road was wondering if this would be a problem.
Benny

Do you have the Power-Trak? You can add 2" fork extension caps which will raise you up also.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
CSC states we only have a ground clearance of 4.2".

I have only scraped the Ground Effects once. That was when I went into my shop a little fast and it drug. Normally I have about 1" of clearance. So I guess we need to cross those type areas slowly.

So far have not had to cross any speed bumps but assume they will cause problems.

:biker:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hey, if you drag it's only on the bottom! I drag my bottom all the time coming home (oops, you're talking about the trike aren't you?). Actually, I don't have trouble dragging the ground effects except on speed bumps. I would be more worried about rock chips living on a gravel road.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No problems here!

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
I believe that generally speaking trikes with running boards have less ground clearance than those without, all other things equal. I think Roadsmith may be the exception.

Speaking of running boards, as one who has owned a trike with and another without (present trike), if I were buying another, it would be without them. I can't 'toe walk' out of a parking space with the running boards and can't stand as close to the saddle to mount up. I've ridden both in the rain and find that my boots are all I need for protection. I will save the money and the weight if there's a next time.

·
Registered
345 Posts
ben721364, I couldn't agree more. I have tried the ground effects on a Champion. Had trouble getting close enough to fill the gas tank, better half said her legs were to short to hop on the rear, same problems with walking the trike backwards. I don't care much for the 1800 reverse, prefer to walk back as much as possible. On my CSC, no problems whatsoever with dragging the bottom. I do take it slow on speed bumps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Only problem we have with ours is when we winch it into our toy hauler for winter trip to FL. Then we high side if not careful:cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Benny
ONLY 5" :? I just checked mine and at the front of the ground effects, I have 4" of clearance:eek:4:

I have scraped now and then but I don't worry about it...especially now that I have the bottom coated with Linex.

I wouldn't be without the boards though because I think they complete the look of the trike.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
uh, maybe i need to clarify something. the ground clearance i was looking at goes on an harley ultra

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Oh.

:biker:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts