GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by Cowboy Country Sales, Bandera, TX, as they were installing a CSC kit. I had told Ken Schreiber call me when he took it out of the crate so I could look at it. I was impressed. These pics show the standard shock that comes with the kit. Ken had not yet put on the adjustable shock. I am not a pro, but it looked very well built, strong, well machined, with the killer brake upgrade. Overall, a very nice unit. The pics were taken today, 1-18-09, my cameras battery ran down so I guess it reset the date. Anyway, a fun and informative day.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Thanks for the pixs George. Wonder what all the tags on the dif are for.
Does this mean that u are going to switch to a CSC?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tags were on the differential when taken out of the crate...part numbers and other codes. No, I can't justify a new trike. Mine runs very well with no problems. I have it adjusted like I want it and have no reason to trade it. I get attached to my toys...one of my greatest loves is my Kabota tractor...;) had it over 19 years and it runs like new. This CSC equipment is the real deal however.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
George I know you like Hats. :!: Are you switching hats on us. :lol::lol::lol: :doorag:

You know when the time comes it will have to be Yeller to keep up with Don............ :wrong: :lol:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I get attached to my toys...one of my greatest loves is my Kabota tractor...;) had it over 19 years and it runs like new. This CSC equipment is the real deal however.
Hello Mr George, I know just how you feel about your kabota. I purchased an L2900 (deisel) back in March of '95. I use it with a 6' grooming mower fto cut five acres regularly. Oil and one battrey is all that I have changed, and it has never failed to start.

I probably shouldn't have said that. I might jinx my tractor....!!!!

See everyone real soon.

:popcorn: :doorag:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
George P. I have a Kabota hat, worn only when I go to red neck areas. It is my pass word......

Ben, I don't know why it is mounted on top. I do know the red caliper shows through the wheel and looks good. Other than that, no idea.

Wilson, I bought my tractor in 1990. It is a B1750, 4WD. I have a bucket and a 4' bush hog on it. I rough mow about three acres and use my riding mower on the rest.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
George P. I have a Kabota hat, worn only when I go to red neck areas. It is my pass word......

Ben, I don't know why it is mounted on top. I do know the red caliper shows through the wheel and looks good. Other than that, no idea.

Wilson, I bought my tractor in 1990. It is a B1750, 4WD. I have a bucket and a 4' bush hog on it. I rough mow about three acres and use my riding mower on the rest.
That was my thought too! "...the red caliper shows through the wheel and looks good." <g> On the other hand, placing the caliper on top raises the center of gravity...

·
Registered
539 Posts
George and Wilson I know Kubota tractors are nice but what about a John Deere 4520 Diesel, 4-wheel drive with a front loader, 6' belly mower, 12' boom sprayer and rear hyd blade. Boy do I have fun - I have 3 acre yard to mow and also mow about 2 1/2 acres at bottom of mtn. by the creek where I've built roads and a rock bridge. I sure would hate to have to choose between the tractor and the trike if such ever came up. Us old farm boys like our tractors.

George great pics of CSC that was my second choice. The guy I bought my place from has Beastie's identical twin CSC trike. Sure would like to meet you guys some day.

B

·
0 Posts
...This CSC equipment is the real deal however.
Naturally I liked the pictures George. Ever since the first time I saw the Cobra rear end, I thought it was a work of automotive engineering art. Mine is of course black and dirty. I wish it was easy to remove the body so I could clean it so it would look as good as in your pictures.

You know when the time comes it will have to be Yeller to keep up with Don............ :wrong: :lol:
Yeller is great but he would have no trouble keeping up with me. I ride slow and easy and just enjoy the scenery.

Good photos. Interesting design. I don't recall ever seen calipers mounted on top of the rotors. I wonder if there's a reason for putting them there?
I don't know the reason the calipers are on top but it sure makes it easy to change pads. You just lift the old ones out and drop the new ones in place. As to raising the center of gravity, considering how well the Cobra corners, I don't think it has much of an effect.

The guy I bought my place from has Beastie's identical twin CSC trike. Sure would like to meet you guys some day.
I don't know about my trike's twin, but I plan to be in Kerrville in April. I hope you are there.

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Calipers on top make bleeding air from the system more proficient (I mean) efficient :eek:4: .......... and I'm sure it was done to enhance the appearance though the wheel. Can you imagine trying to read CSC sideways? Either way they stop just fine. Love that nickel plated drilled rotor too!

Disclaimer: Any words misspelled or used out of context in any future posts of mine are done to keep certain board members on their intellectual toes. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Beastie My previous trike was a M.T. it would lift up if the pressure was on,however my current ride is a CSC and I do not know what it would take to lift a wheel.(solid)

Tom :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Pics.......

I'm confused. :shrug: If the wing has the drive (removed) on the right when sitting in the seat, how does that rear bolt on ??? It looks to me the drive is centered on the setup.

I would like to see pics of the unit being installed. I'm getting to the point in life, the trike is just around the corner and I like the CSC style ;).

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Nice Pics.......

I'm confused. :shrug: If the wing has the drive (removed) on the right when sitting in the seat, how does that rear bolt on ??? It looks to me the drive is centered on the setup.

I would like to see pics of the unit being installed. I'm getting to the point in life, the trike is just around the corner and I like the CSC style ;).

When installed the transfer box that you see is actually to the right of center just a few degrees off from the driveshaft output on the bike. The center of the unit is where the brake block above the transfer case is. Makes for a smooth transfer of power. CSC did a nice job designing it, it works great!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hi Doc,

When I purchased the Kabota L2900, I was green about those things, and purchased the 6' grooming. Because the L2900 is set up for belly mowers, had I known, I would have gone that route instead.

My John Deere 345 cuts the inner yard (front, sides, and a little behind the house. Kabota cuts the outer pard and far back.

I love my trike almost as much.....ok, as much.....well, perhaps more...!!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Beastie My previous trike was a M.T. it would lift up if the pressure was on,however my current ride is a CSC and I do not know what it would take to lift a wheel.(solid)

Tom :thumbup:

Hello Tom,

That's why I have always believed the CSC to be the "Curve-Carver" of all trikes. Doing is believing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
For George, Wilson and Doc...about this tractor thread...we've about exhausted all there is to say about trikes during this period of cabin fever so we've moved to tractors.

I use a Deere X540 and a 345 for my yard and a Deere 4430 to keep areas clean that the cows do not clean up properly. Also have a 1954 Ford Jubilee to play around with as well. Fun on the farm when not riding. Warm weather will bring both back SOON !

1 - 20 of 57 Posts