GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am being quoted a labor cost of $900 to install a CSC Viper on a 2012 Goldwing. Kit includes rake, floorboards and Aux fuel tank. Am I being hooked into the deal knowing that the labor cost will be more. A few larger dealers quoted $2000 labor. What should I expect??

·
Registered
607 Posts
That's a very good price. If they have a history of installing the Viper kit and a good reputation then you might have the deal of the year,

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Sounds to good to be true.
Check his list and make sure it includes everything.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If you are shopping price IMO a total out the door cost detailed in writing including all parts, labor, taxes, and fees is the only way to do it. Too many play shell games with their numbers ......

·
Registered
734 Posts
:agree:

Written quote keeps everything out in the open. You know exactly what you are getting and the cost. The installer knows what you both agreed to so there is no guessing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you are shopping price IMO a total out the door cost detailed in writing including all parts, labor, taxes, and fees is the only way to do it. Too many play shell games with their numbers ......
Sounds to good to be true.
Check his list and make sure it includes everything.
Written quote keeps everything out in the open. You know exactly what you are getting and the cost. The installer knows what you both agreed to so there is no guessing.
+1 & Spot-On :thumbup:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I would not be skeered of that. I would check out the ones installing it though, that is always wise. See how many they have done and if they will give you a reference or two. If not, keep looking.

Pretty sure if I was interested in a CSC I could find a small installer that makes his profit from the difference in retail kits to the public and his actual cost. I never looked for that, as I was interested in Motor Trike. So I hunted around for several months to find the best deal.

That is what I found for mine, and went on the hunt for a good installer and got it all installed for the simple price of the kit.

Trikes are more and more popular now, competition is tuff, and dotted around are installers that advertise, free installation if you buy the kit. Price is the same whether you buy it through them or the factory. So they have some kind of discount if they are an installer for that brand.

Two good men, who know what they are doing, have a few under their belt, it is a two day job, and a test run will be in order late the second day.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Kit: where did you get your bike triked?
DC Cycle & Racing » Contact Information

Red Bay, Alabama
Motor Trike and Roadsmith, they may do others not sure. Whatever you choose off the factory price list, there are no labor charges. Billed as free installation.

Nice farming town, small shop, but they are sharp.

Would recommend a hotel other than in Red Bay and if you ask them they will take you back and come get you. Much better motel about four miles on up the road.

You have to arrange a wire transfer payment or something ahead of time, I did it with my debit card, no longer take cashiers check, due to being ripped of a couple times.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If I remember correctly , I was charged $1,200.00. That was in 2007

·
Registered
321 Posts
I just had a 2014 triked, with Champion kit, cost $1,000 to install. Like post below, get it in writing what the out the door price will be. That a good price. I have a 2012 blue CSC, Viper for sale, if you see anyone wanting to ride now. JoeA

I am being quoted a labor cost of $900 to install a CSC Viper on a 2012 Goldwing. Kit includes rake, floorboards and Aux fuel tank. Am I being hooked into the deal knowing that the labor cost will be more. A few larger dealers quoted $2000 labor. What should I expect??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts