GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The turning lights started intermittently to go on then off while turning. The left side started and then a couple of days later the right. As of today they have stopped working 100%. The turn signals work everytime, I've traced the wiring from the lights, back to the wheel wells, up into the space under the seat. Nothing obvious, a little floppy in the wells but no breaks. Now I'm lost. Any suggestions?

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS, THE TRIKE IS AN 07' CSC CONVERSION ON A 05' SCOOTER. THE TURN SIGNAL FLASH PERFECTLY, THE CORNERING LIGHTS, NOT SO MUCH.

Thank you for all of the input. With 12 wires going into 3 relays; the white wire running into the Brown/White tracer was NOT making contact..thank you Lonestar, the down side is when they do make contact the right turning light comes on and stays on no matter what the turn signal switch calls for...with the turn signal calling for left turn, BOTH turning lights come on, so it appears that my electrical problem, if the white & brown wire had been connected, would have been 'THE RIGHT TURNING LIGHT WON'T SHUT OFF'...Oh for a wiring schematic & installation instructions......until then my little problem will remain little in the scheme of things, WE DO HAVE 80 DEGREE WEATHER HERE IN S.D., SO BACK TOGETHER IT GOES.......WE WILL JUST HAVE TO RIDE AND TURN IN THE DAYLIGHT HOURS!!!!!! Thank you again for the help. trax

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Right off, I would check the connections underneath (where the wires connect up underneath the seat). The right side of my CSC stopped working because of broken wires. Don't believe that is your issue but I would check the connections from the end of the light wires and see if they are not corroded. I also put spade connectors where they connected on mine as well. Like I said, I'm not sure why you are having this issue, but I am sure some of the more knowledgable people on this forum can probably help. Good luck.

·
Registered
792 Posts
You didn't say how old or how new the trike was, I would check all the plugs and make sure they are put togather. I would unplug them and then plug again, may not have a good connection. If both sides were doing it at the same time I would look really hard at the ground wire, could be a bad ground on the the turn lights. Good luck

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
The turning lights started intermittently to go on then off while turning. The left side started and then a couple of days later the right. As of today they have stopped working 100%. The turn signals work everytime, I've traced the wiring from the lights, back to the wheel wells, up into the space under the seat. Nothing obvious, a little floppy in the wells but no breaks. Now I'm lost. Any suggestions?

There are a couple of places to look. Pull your seat and check the white wire that is tapped into or onto the brown wire with the white tracer in the tailight relay. Also there are two wires that run to your main wire harness inside your right front dash pocket. One is blue, one is orange. The blue one is attached to a light blue wire w/a white tracer, the orange attaches to
an orange wire w/a white tracer. Verify they have not come apart. Also check your ground wires. One last thing, if the wires coming out from under the ground effects were routed to close to the exhaust system they may have burned through and are shorted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My right one no longer works due to one of those rubber Florida gators that the 18 wheelers leave on the interstates (I-65), anyone have a source for rplacements?

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
My right one no longer works due to one of those rubber Florida gators that the 18 wheelers leave on the interstates (I-65), anyone have a source for rplacements?

Is the entire lens broke or just the halogen bulb inside? It removes by pulling off the rubber cover and removing the tiny phillips screw. You have to cut and splice the wires though. If it's just the bulb you can find them at an auto parts store. I think they're under $10.00...............if not call CSC at (434) 263-8866 or PM me I have a few extra I'll send you one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My problem is your solution...

Seabee, I'm glad that my pithy little wiring problem might be an avenue to the gator problem in Florida! I just got onto this forum yesterday, wow, what a great deal. Lonestar seems like he has the CSC thing going on, in fact, everyone has left a really good idea on what to look for, well everyone but you!! LOL. I have been all over this light system the last day or so, one thing for sure, whomever installed the 'turn light' fixture in the ground effects DID NOT scrimp on the silicone!! Good luck with your GATOR repair. trax

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Seabee, I'm glad that my pithy little wiring problem might be an avenue to the gator problem in Florida! I just got onto this forum yesterday, wow, what a great deal. Lonestar seems like he has the CSC thing going on, in fact, everyone has left a really good idea on what to look for, well everyone but you!! LOL. I have been all over this light system the last day or so, one thing for sure, whomever installed the 'turn light' fixture in the ground effects DID NOT scrimp on the silicone!! Good luck with your GATOR repair. trax

:wrong: :?:

If you haven't dodged a Gator, you haven't been out of your own neighborhood :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts