GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to change my front and rears. I would like to go with a rear ct. My question is what about the warranty? If something goes wrong with the drivetrain will they assume it was the ct that caused it, thus voiding the warranty? Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
If your local when you have a problem its allways good to keep a spare rim and mc tire mounted to take it to the Honda dealer. You can get wheels off ebay or off trike conversions. Haven't heard of anyone having troubles with repairs.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
If your local when you have a problem its allways good to keep a spare rim and mc tire mounted to take it to the Honda dealer. You can get wheels off ebay or off trike conversions. Haven't heard of anyone having troubles with repairs.
:agree: get a trike take take off and keep it and put it on any time you have to take your wing to the dealer!:thumbup:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just had my 06 Wing into my dealer for service before heading off on our vacation trip. My dealer didn't say anything about my CT, not one comment. The mechanic took the bike out for a test ride after all the work was done and he didn't say anything either.

My dealer is super cool (Cochise Motor Sport in Sierra Vista, AZ). My bike was scheduled for nearly 5 1/2 hours of work and since my dealer is 70 miles away I always wait on it. Well the owner rolled one of the interceptors, he had sitting on the floor (this was the 800 cc one), out the front door, threw me the key and said see you in a few hours. How cool is that. :bow::thumbup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys.
Smitty, we are a one Honda town (Erie, Pa) and they are super nice people, but I never had my wing serviced with them. I just don't know, but I would take the Interceptor for a while.:lol:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Can't imagine a car tire causing any undue stresses on the bike.
What could it possibly hurt? :shrug:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I'm ready to change my front and rears. I would like to go with a rear ct. My question is what about the warranty? If something goes wrong with the drivetrain will they assume it was the ct that caused it, thus voiding the warranty? Thanks
Unfortunately it will vary by dealers so there is no good way of knowing beforehand unless you ask beforehand. But, there are dealers that install CTs. In fact, one member on here took delivery of a brand new 2010 with a CT installed.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Look at it like this.

I am a dealer and business is slow. I do not make a whole lot on repair work,
Changing out a rear drive is not a big job, but I still do not make going wage do do so. Honda only pays X amount.

So I am looking for an excuse.

A CT you say.......yep that tire runs on the edge, it puts undue side stress on the rear drive and swing arm. No warranty for you.

So just take the bike in to a dealer with a MC tire on it. Play the game. That way there is no surprise.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Had warranty work on my '08 (non driveline problem). Service manager said somethig to the effect "Oh, you're runnnng the car tire too? Cool, how do you like it?" We discussed the tire issue, he was impressed, repairs made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts