GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I said I was running my Kuhmo at 36psi....this weekend I am going to drop it to 32psi to see (feel) the difference...But I have a Question....

Q: At what point does one have to worry about too little pressure that the tire rolls off the rim...breaks the bead...? (I know it is a run flat tire...and that may not be capable of happening...I just don't know...:shrug:)

I live on a farm and have had many farm tractors roll a tire off a rim due to low pressure...don't want that to happen on a bike...Thoughts...?

Safe Rides...

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I run my Kumho at 32 PSI, your not going to hurt it.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I rode my Kumho at 0 psi just to feel what it was like. It did not roll the bead off the wheel.

I think you will be safe at any pressure over 1 psi, which is what we breathe.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Ok...I said I was running my Kuhmo at 36psi....this weekend I am going to drop it to 32psi to see (feel) the difference...But I have a Question....

Q: At what point does one have to worry about too little pressure that the tire rolls off the rim...breaks the bead...? (I know it is a run flat tire...and that may not be capable of happening...I just don't know...:shrug:)

I live on a farm and have had many farm tractors roll a tire off a rim due to low pressure...don't want that to happen on a bike...Thoughts...?

Safe Rides...
No worries Run flats are designed not to, with there thick sidwall in all.:thumbup: your good just ride !

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I run 32 in my RF riding 2 up and pulling trailer on slab and twisties. So far, no worries.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I have run a non run flat that was down to 10psi hot, and didn't have a problem. You should have nothing to worry about!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Good info!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts