GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My riding group went for a 325 mile ride yesterday. I left from Chesterfield County, VA and met the group about 30 miles away. We rode west to just outside Lexington, VA, then on to Goshen Pass for lunch. On the way back, we ran in to a strong rain and hail storm, the hail hitting us were the size of grapes. It was very windy with poor visibility. It was so bad, most all caged vehicles were stopped along side the road (Rt. 29, for those familiar with the area).

With that weather, and poor visibility, it seemed almost more dangerous to stop on the shoulder. So we looked for a safe place to pull over. Finding a shopping center, we pulled in briefly until the hail stopped and the rain slowed enough to continue the ride. Several branches were down, and there was a single vehicle accident - a tacoma truck, lying on it's side in the shoulder. Emergency vehicles were already on scene when we got there.

Bottom line on CT - it performed flawlessly and I was very glad I had that extra traction on the road. 3 of our riders had CT's. 8 other riders were using MT's. In all fairness to the tire comparison, we all did well with no mishaps.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Glad you made it through without a problem!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
The diff betwen a CT and a MT in rain is instantly noticible. :yes1: And quite comforting.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
The diff betwen a CT and a MT in rain is instantly noticible. :yes1: And quite comforting.
Yep! The feeling the CT gives you in the rain is 100% better then the MT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts