GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm looking to take the leap to the darkside. Does anyone know were I can get a ct mounted in Modesto, Ca? Should I wait until I get the dyna beads before I get it mounted or have them use traditional methods? Any advise on what I need to do before moving ahead would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
You can put the beads in anytime. The last few CTs I have run I haven't even balanced them. Not sure where to mount in your area...you might PM jwolffie, Rocky or Dookoo for that info.

Some have used Walmart and local CT shops to mount. Problem is most can't balance if that is what you desire.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
When all else fails, trust your local wally mart!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Go to Modesto Custom cycles on Kansas or R&S on Maze.
Way to go with the suggestion:thumbup: a non Darksider helping out a soon to be Darksider ,makes me all warm and fuzzy inside . Maybe it's buffalo wings I had for supper :shrug:;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't bought one as of yet. I plan to get one tomorrow and have it mounted. I spent 3hrs on Saturday trying to find someplace that has the tire size I need, (195/55R16).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered a Kumho ECSTA SPT RF 195/55r16 from Los Amigos Tire Pros, where in Modesto. It should be in around 1pm tomorrow. I can't wait to get on my wing and give it a workout. I was talking to a couple of the guys there about using it on my wing and showed them some of the info from ejelta.com/tiresize and murgie.com and they were pretty amazed at how well the tire data matched.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts