GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go DARKSIDE. I rode a bike with one on two years ago and felt it to different to switch. Then I went to the west coast and had a flat going up Mt. Rainer, we were able to get it plugged to hold air but it had a bad shake due to some broken belts on the sidewall. That memory has been in my mind ever since. CJS agreed to let me try out his spare CT for a while this spring. My attitude was much more receptive this time and in 100 mi. I am feeling very comfortable on it.
Thanks to all of you for your comments, I am sure I will enjoy it and it will serve me well.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Once you get used to the car tire , you won't even remember the little bit of difference in the handling . On march 22, I rode my "flat" runflat car tire about 30 miles to where I could get a new tire! You just can't do that with a regular mc tire!

·
Registered
938 Posts
About time Hank! I find the ct works best when you don't think about it and just ride. Get your # and decal!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
or even worst coming back home from a ride in on a late saturday afternoon with no bike shop near by just remove tire walk it into Walmart get a 195-55-16 of self and tell them it's for a custom trailer and your off again Price Less can't do that with a motorcycle tire

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside!!!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
CT on Order

WELCOME to the Darkside. As you put on the miles you will understand why there are so many of us on the road. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
WELCOME TO DS.!! WHAT TIRE DID YA ORDER ?:shrug:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE..... :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Darksiders have been demonized for years, but the proof is in the pudding. Maybe that should be, in the run flat.:congrats:

·
Registered
7,375 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hank,
You're going to love that Alpin. I have 15,000 on mine and it's about half way worn. I put a G709 on the front when I put the Alpin on the rear. The G709 only has a couple thousand miles left. I hope to use it up and put the new G709 I have in stock on before the Franklin D/S ride-in. I already have my replacement Alpin by the tool box waiting for next winter. For me the Alpin is stable, dependable, predictable, and a great match for my skill set and usage, and the way my bike is set up. Progressive Front springs, Traxxion Upper & Lower Triple Trees, All Balls Bearings, front fork brace, 2013 rear shock, and Progressive rear spring: I call it "The Poor Monty" and I love it. I did this last winter and it brings out the WOW in Alpin. I hope you have a great experience also.
John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts