GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, how many people attend. I assume thousands attend Americade but I've never heard numbers on CatsCade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,943 Posts
According to the Cats-Cade web site, there are already 170 people registered to attend. Given that it's winter and it's 5 months till the event, we should have a good size group. It's not about getting a big group, it's about getting a good group. Folks who enjoy getting together, riding in the Catskill Mountains of New York, enjoying some good meals, and most of all enjoying the great camraderie that this gatheing is noted for. Cats-Cade is about the most fun you and you Goldwing can have for a few days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,609 Posts
oldguy said:
Just out of curiosity, how many people attend. I assume thousands attend Americade but I've never heard numbers on CatsCade.
Wayne,
I'm going to try to make it. I leave for Europe on the 11th.
Why not take time off and come up. I'll meet you somwhere up the coast and we can finish the trip. I think several other guys from down here will be going. I know you would enjoy it.

JLK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I can't this year, too many other committments, however I am going to try and make it next year. For that distance it has to be a major trip for me. Not only there but other stops on the way there and back. I'm willing but my appointment book and creditors aren't :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,417 Posts
Yikes Wayne,

Unfortunately or fortunatel, depending on how you look at it. This years event, is without any doubt from me Last-Cade.

Dawg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the heads-up but I'll bet there will be something else somewhere. If nothing else I'll finally get to meet a lot of you guys in Colorado in July.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Bulldog said:
Wayne,

You make the trip, I will throw in a "Free Crush Washer"....LOL
I've haven't had a bike in 14 years so after much trepidation I'm going to ask the question... is there really such a thing as a crush washer or is it the motorcycle equivalent of a snipe? :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,246 Posts
Keghead said:
Bulldog said:
Wayne,

You make the trip, I will throw in a "Free Crush Washer"....LOL
I've haven't had a bike in 14 years so after much trepidation I'm going to ask the question... is there really such a thing as a crush washer or is it the motorcycle equivalent of a snipe? :oops:
It is a soft aluminum sealing washer used on the oil drain bolt and the final drive bolt. After a few uses ('crushes' :wink: ) they should be replaced.

I'm not sure of your reference to the Snipe, but it is a real bird.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
All Boots No Saddle said:
Keghead said:
Bulldog said:
Wayne,

You make the trip, I will throw in a "Free Crush Washer"....LOL
I've haven't had a bike in 14 years so after much trepidation I'm going to ask the question... is there really such a thing as a crush washer or is it the motorcycle equivalent of a snipe? :oops:
It is a soft aluminum sealing washer used on the oil drain bolt and the final drive bolt. After a few uses ('crushes' :wink: ) they should be replaced.

I'm not sure of your reference to the Snipe, but it is a real bird.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe
Boots'
Thanks for the info. Snipe are real... I used to hunt them when I was a kid. But from what I remember, there have been lots of instances where people have been brought snipe hunting at night... and left in the woods as a joke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,246 Posts
Keghead said:
... there have been lots of instances where people have been brought snipe hunting at night... and left in the woods as a joke.
Them city-slickers will fall for anything! :lol:

P.S. Never do a search on this forum for 'crush washers' or you'll overload your computer and get the 'blue screen of death'.

:wink:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top