GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to take the wing up to Wall for work and was wondering about gassing up (other than the beans at lunch!). Done it a bunch in a cage and have no issues if they want to pump my gas and charge me less than at home, but not sure I want anyone else filling the bike. Yes, weird, but true.
Anyway, just wanted to know what to expect, so any experiences would be welcomed.
Thx

·
Registered
512 Posts
There are plenty of places were you can pump your own gas. Most places the attendee will hand you the nozzle if your sitting there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I lived in NJ for 3 years. Every time I filled my bike, if the attendant came out, he just handed me the fuel hose and let me do it myself.

Most don't want to mess with bikers, even if we are on 'Wing and BMW's.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Most NJ Wawa stations and some other brands allow you to pump your own gas. But at any rate, the gas station attendant will set the pump, empty the nozzle and hand it to you to dispense the gas into your own tank. Rather nice actually.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All,
thanks for the info, as always, the help is appreciated! I know it's the smallest of things, but I like to know what to expect, if possible, so I can spend the few brain cells I have left on the unexpected.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Sometimes I don't even wait for the attendant in NJ, I just start filling up.

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Same routine in Oregon. Attendant gets it ready and you pump it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts