GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010, I have the decel wobble and I am a fairly straight line super slab type of rider 85+% of the time.

What tire would you recommend to get the VERY most mileage out of other than a CT.

Thanks

·
Administrator
3,575 Posts
Dunlop E-3's give the highest mileage, as far as I know. I used to get 17,000 to 18,000 miles out of a rear E-3 (before I went to a better type of tire). I still get about the same out of E-3's on the front. I know several people who get close to 20,000 miles from their E-3's.

Glen

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I have a 2010, I have the decel wobble and I am a fairly straight line super slab type of rider 85+% of the time.

What tire would you recommend to get the VERY most mileage out of other than a CT.

Thanks
1) It's useless to ask what anyone gets for mileage from a tire/set.Way to many variables to consider.You can't get the same mileage out of a set of tires.

2)So how can anyone help or guide you.:shrug:

3) There is no such thing as Car Tires! Go read your sidewalls and see if you can find "Made for cars only" anywhere on them.:shrug:

4) You already know what is the safest/Best/mileage tire for your bike,and that's a---

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
E3's now but I read a lot of good things on Bridgestone's soft ride..... I'll try some next.

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
IMHO the BEST tyre is the Avon Cobra. The best value all around is Bridgstone. But the longest lasting is th Dunslip E-3, but its not such a good tire for what I want a tire to do -- grip!

prs

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Shinko!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I only know what works for me.

In motorcycle tires, I like the Avon Cobra Rear.

I like another one too, but not gonna say...........Lol!

I run the Stone 709 on both , never found a better front tire, not yet.

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Best motorcycle tire for the Goldwing is .....................................Bridgestone!

Matt(BCNV) :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
Metzler

But you said you do slab 85% of the time--so check out the Darksider Forum. I think CTs are better for this situation

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Well...keeping in mind that I don't have that many miles on the bike...like under 20k...Im on my fourth set of tires. The original dunlops were a couple of years old and I decided to swap them out for Avons. After a few more years, I did the same thing...avons again. Last winter...the bike was *cough* parkedoutsideonthesidestandallwinterlong *cough* and the tires were flat in the spring time.

Anywho...I heard good things about the stones and decided to give em a try. I don't know what it is...but since day 1...I haven't felt comfortable at all with the Stones. I also had them install dynabeads. The bike just feels squirrely when going around turns and curves...I just feel like Im going to drop the bike going around a corner or something...like the back end is going to slide out or something.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just put a set of Bridgestone G709/G704 on, man what a difference a new set of tires makes for a smooth ride. We shall see how well these tires perform.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well...keeping in mind that I don't have that many miles on the bike...like under 20k...Im on my fourth set of tires. The original dunlops were a couple of years old and I decided to swap them out for Avons. After a few more years, I did the same thing...avons again. Last winter...the bike was *cough* parkedoutsideonthesidestandallwinterlong *cough* and the tires were flat in the spring time.

Anywho...I heard good things about the stones and decided to give em a try. I don't know what it is...but since day 1...I haven't felt comfortable at all with the Stones. I also had them install dynabeads. The bike just feels squirrely when going around turns and curves...I just feel like Im going to drop the bike going around a corner or something...like the back end is going to slide out or something.
Check your tire pressure I am running my secound set of Stones and love them.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

Thanks
:shrug::shrug::shrug:

S

·
0 Posts
Decel can be exaggerated by a bad tire tread design - Head bearing replacements usual cure this along with a better choice of tire. A good Bias ply will normally be the best choice. Not only that the bias will ride much softer as it only requires 34-36 psi to go 26k.

My best tire so far is the kumho radial which is currently under the bench with 40k miles on it. It will probably go back on as it has room for 5-10k more.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts