GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what route and where this is? Hint - Tennessee!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I just rode in TN for 2 days and never saw that sign. I did navigate a lot of tight corners though. Had the suspension on 25 and still managed to scrape the pegs a few times. :crew:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Rte. 441 from Gatlinburg to Cherokee, NC? I know there's a 360 degree curve sign, there - and the road does get icy, from frost.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I live and have been all over East Tennessee, but have never seen that sign. Your photo looks to have been taken in the spring, red bud and dog wood trees blooming behind the sign. Possibly in the Cumberland plateau area? Or somewhere near Mountain City in the very far NE corner of the state?

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK guys - another hint. It is not a very long road in northern Tennessee. I believe it is in Scott County, but when I rode that road this spring I just had to have a photo of that sign, I didn't care what county it was in ... I will also tell you that it is north of Route 116. I assume that everyone on this board from the midwestern states have been on 116. I know that Yellow Wolf has!

Someone from Tennessee should know this one.

Retired and Riding some beautiful roads. I tell everyone I am on R & R

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jay Hoover said:
I live and have been all over East Tennessee, but have never seen that sign. Your photo looks to have been taken in the spring, red bud and dog wood trees blooming behind the sign. Possibly in the Cumberland plateau area? Or somewhere near Mountain City in the very far NE corner of the state?
Jay - If you are in Knoxville you are close.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Greg and Casper2004 wins!

It is 297! :D Great road after you ride 116. Big South Fork is neat area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts