GL1800Riders Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 6' tall and weigh 225 lbs and this seat fits me perfectly. I sold my 04 Wing a few years ago and saved the seat thinking I would put it on my new bike, unfortunately it will not fit my brand new 2012. Worse yet the new Wing hurts me as bad as the 04 and I now need to order another Diamond seat. I am asking $600 plus shipping from zip code 44224

Footwear Furniture Vehicle Chaise longue Outdoor furniture Furniture Chair Car seat Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle

·
Registered
158 Posts
1) does this include the passenger backrest? 2) do you have any more pics of the material, and pattern? 3) how long ago did you put this on the '04? 4) does this have the Diamond tag or Hartco tag stitched into a seam?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Diamond Seat

Has this seat been sold yet? If not can you tell me about the passenger it was built for. I am thinking about having one built for me and my wife. She is 5'3" about 200lbs, and do you know if this seat will fit a 2006?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diamond Tag

1) does this include the passenger backrest? 2) do you have any more pics of the material, and pattern? 3) how long ago did you put this on the '04? 4) does this have the Diamond tag or Hartco tag stitched into a seam?

Unfortunately, I forgot to take the Diamond passenger back rest cover off the bike when I sold it. However, I don't think a matching cover will cost all that much. I believe I bought the seat in 2005, sold the bike in 2008 and the seat has been in sitting in my basement ever since. I called Diamond to see about getting heat installed and that's when I found out that it won't fit my new Wing. The tag stitched in the seam says Diamond. As for the pictures do you just want some close up shots?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seat is still available

Has this seat been sold yet? If not can you tell me about the passenger it was built for. I am thinking about having one built for me and my wife. She is 5'3" about 200lbs, and do you know if this seat will fit a 2006?
The seat is still available. My wife 5'4 and weighs 125 lbs and has never had a problem with any seat including this one. It's me that suffers 2 hours into the ride with the stock seats. I have tried everything to cure the problem and so far the only thing that has worked is replacing the factory seat. The Diamond moves me back around 1" and is very firm but causes no pain. I can do 12 hour days on this seat with no pain. Yes, according to Diamond this seat will work all the way up to the 2011.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Passenger back rest

Do you know how much the pass. back rest would cost? Is this a firm seat like the Corbin?

Is this your bottom dollar?

·
Registered
165 Posts
What is your inseam? How many miles on the seat? Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.