GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never so too much custom paint on wings Wonder Why??

Would like to have some Airbrush work done on mine, but don't want to hire the kid down the street who just got his compressor and thinks he can paint flames.:roll:

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
668 Posts
Chris cruz artisty in deland florida, one of the best. But sit down when he quotes you a price. Check his web site.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Why? the bike is good looking enough

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Go for it! can't have enough variety!:yes1:

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Never so too much custom paint on wings Wonder Why??

Would like to have some Airbrush work done on mine, but don't want to hire the kid down the street who just got his compressor and thinks he can paint flames.:roll:

Any thoughts???

I'm a custom painter and most Wing owners won't pay the high
cost of custom painting their Wings. The Wings all come in pretty
good stock colors IMO anyways.

No Harley riders spend $3000.00 to $8000.00 to paint their bikes
without batting an eye all day long.

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,733 Posts
I would not bother. Depending on what you get done, it could be a real bitch to repaint and match when it lays down, rubs up against something/someone rubs up against it. Some paint jobs are really nice and would love to do it, but I would be sick to my stomach to have to paint the entire bike again to make it match.

I save my $$ for other improvements. Gadgets, gas and performance items (well, not so much the performance stuff on the 'wing).

·
Registered
822 Posts
Only cost us an additional $150 to get our painted the way we did. I know it is not elaborate but it isn't just a plain one color bike.

Thunder

·
Registered
402 Posts
pin stripping seems to much more common but see a lot of airbrushing at bike week.but it does get a high dollar.a local trike spent close to 8 k for a Chris cruz job.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
I would not bother. Depending on what you get done, it could be a real bitch to repaint and match when it lays down, rubs up against something/someone rubs up against it. Some paint jobs are really nice and would love to do it, but I would be sick to my stomach to have to paint the entire bike again to make it match.

I save my $$ for other improvements. Gadgets, gas and performance items (well, not so much the performance stuff on the 'wing).
+1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts